32" Falcon WIP *update - Docking Corridors Started* 17/03

Re: 32" Falcon WIP *update - advice on skins please*

Ok sorry guys, I didn't post photos, I'm a bad person, but I promise I'll have some up tonight :cool

Re: 32" Falcon WIP *update - advice on skins please*

Update

Here are some skins going on, basically I am doing 1 or 2 a night, depending on how well they go on, so far this is 2 nights work, enjoy :thumbsup

falcon6_zps111e39ba.jpg

Re: 32" Falcon WIP *update - Fitting Skins!!!* 19/12

Cant wait to see kit bashing on this beauty,looking good so far and looking forward to this:thumbsup

Re: 32" Falcon WIP *update - Fitting Skins!!!* 21/12

Any skin left from using all the tape? Keep going! Looks awesome! :)

eh up buddy.this build is a marathon not a sprint,just keep it slow and correct.
it looks mint to me i`m chewing my way through mine mym8!keep the faith!:cooltheres loads of:behaveand:facepalmand :darnkidsbut every now and again you get:love:love!!cheers peza:cheers

Thanks a lot guys, yeah Peza it's definitely a slow process this one, great to start seeing the basic form though!

eh up buddy,yeah once the skins on,it gets ya goin!ya next bit of fun is the plates!!ouch.lol....cheers peza

yeah you got it!bring them on!!there a nightmare but a lovable one!..cheers peza:cheers

If you have already said this, I am sorry... I didn't catch it, or I wouldn't ask, but what references were used for the styrene frame? When I'm done with my E-C, I want to build one. Thanks! :)

There was no specific reference for measurements, I drew out the main shapes on card before I was happy with them, I gauged the thickness to be about 1" high and made that the height of all my internal support as well as the side walls, same with the ribs, they taper up to 1.5" I think a lot of this has to be decided by you in the end, though I found asking many questions of other guys who have built these helped a great deal

There was no specific reference for measurements, I drew out the main shapes on card before I was happy with them, I gauged the thickness to be about 1" high and made that the height of all my internal support as well as the side walls, same with the ribs, they taper up to 1.5" I think a lot of this has to be decided by you in the end, though I found asking many questions of other guys who have built these helped a great deal

Thank-you. That'll make it easier, actually. I can calculate most of it just by measuring the lengths and angles. It was the arc of the top and bottom hull I couldn't figure out... When I get done with my E-C, I am putting this on the top of my list. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back