My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4

Re: My BTTF Inspired Bag

Here is more of a side shot showing the angle on the ends.

attachment.php

Looking good! :popcorn

Just updating this thread. I have decided that I want to finish my current MAG project first. I still have to buy both the plastic and a heap of MDF for the main body buck and it looks as if I will basically have to re-build my Vac Form to make these parts. Sorry guys. This will happen, just going to take a bit longer than I had hoped.

Thought I had better update this thread as I began work on new parts that will give me wrap around lids (with recessed handles) and tapered ends. Pics to come soon. There is a challenge with the recessed handle and Vac Forming. I may have to make that as a separate part. At this time, I have a new body, almost completed lid and end cap bucks made up. Still some work to do, hence no pics yet.

I just came across this thread and ur first attempt looked great but now im very intrigued about this latest version.
btw Im also in brisbane what part are you in?

Alex

I am on the south side and I do travel a fair bit to the north side.

I checked the work I did the other day and it appears the solvent glue I used has done its job and bonded nicely. Now I can trim the part to size, take a snap and post here. Stay tuned :)

Nice. Im on the north side. Will you be doing a run on your final version? Oh and iv subscribed to this thread :)

Doing a run is in the plan for sure. I will have to see how this one turns out first and be sure I can clone it, then and only then can I do a run. Isn't there something about not counting chickens before the eggs hatch?

Haha yea something along those lines.... but im sure you will have no trouble replicating this project

Yeah, once my new Vac Form is fully operational, I should be turning them out :)

UPDATE:

Even though I have not really made much progress on this, I thought I would share this anyway.

1422539_10152020866323841_1849802468_n.jpg

Yep will do. I am looking at way that I think will work that allows a flat pack to be made as well. Will post progress shot when I make some :)

The reason I am moving away from a Vac Form for this is the wall material (base and lids) just become too thin. I'll post images of what I am proposing for as the new version soon.

This new version will have tapered ends with wrap around lids. I am yet to draw the other end and add the recessed handles. There is actually a lot to this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NIKE FOOTWEAR Tube Bag V3.jpg
    NIKE FOOTWEAR Tube Bag V3.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,081

Other end drawn with one lid open and other closed. Still have to work out recessed handles.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1970843_10152260918873841_2090498968_n.jpg
    1970843_10152260918873841_2090498968_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,069
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back