My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4

Re: My BTTF Inspired Bag

great job

Can't wait.. It's great seeing a fellow Aussie on here, especially one that makes props.. :love

:thumbsup Thanks guys :)

I ran a suction test on the Vac Form table today because I had a doubt that the VAX I want to use (will now be using) would have enough grunt. I laid a 500mm x 500mm piece of 16mm MDF that just covered all the holes, fired up the VAX and I could not lift the MDF off. In fact the whole table came up. The only way to lift the sheet was to turn the VAX off. Pretty impressive for an old wet/dry unit I was going to toss :cool

I also found a portable heater that should do the job at Bunning for less $20.00. I've drawn up the heat unit, I just need to contact the sheet metal fabricators for a price on some gal.

Are these available to order? I am interested if they are.

Not at this stage. I have been thinking about doing a run of these. It is just a matter of sorting out the details.

If I do a run, I'd make them screen accurate. In the posts above I mention Vac Forming, however the shell should be made from fiberglass like the screen used prop.

Either way, the handles will be recessed and lids will wrap around the body on the new version and it will be much lighter than the PVC pipe version I have made.

If a run goes ahead, I would be in for sure

Just as an estimate, if a run is done, what price do you think you would be asking for?

If a run goes ahead, I would be in for sure

Just as an estimate, if a run is done, what price do you think you would be asking for?

I have no idea of cost of materials at this stage. If I do a run, they will not be covered in carbon fiber like mine, so there is a $50 saving right up :thumbsup

When I am ready to go (sorry I don't not have a time line) I will be running an INT thread in the JY first.

Sweet....... I've been pretty keen to give this a shot myself as it looks doable but if you end up doing a run

You can pretty much count me in :)

I say have a go at this yourself as who knows when exactly I will do this. I wasn't sure how mine was going to turn out and in the end I was pretty happy with the result.

Yours looks awesome, hope mine comes out have as good as yours. I have a pvc tube that is about 10.5-11 inches in diameter that was given to me for free at at construction yard. Had about five feet worth, enough for a base for my slime blower and for a Nike Bag. Will hopefully start that project sometime soon.

Hey mate,
wish I'd known about this forum when I was in Brisbane too. I believe the end "windows" are derived from or used a technology called Electrochromic Tinting for BTTF II, hence why you see Emmett "Doc" Brown turn a dial to adjust the flow of electricity passing through the tint [or the glass] allowing it to go clear as the particles line up.

["In electrochromic windows, the electrochromic material changes its opacity: it changes between a colored, translucent state (usually blue) and a transparent state" -Wikipedia]

If you research a bit on it, you'll find there are some people selling the tint on ebay. I believe this would be the most practical way of applying it to this project, which I've spent many a night wide awake thinking of how hard/easy it would be to bring the Nike case and all it's real world functions to life.
You're bag looks the goods!

Yours looks awesome, hope mine comes out have as good as yours. I have a pvc tube that is about 10.5-11 inches in diameter that was given to me for free at at construction yard. Had about five feet worth, enough for a base for my slime blower and for a Nike Bag. Will hopefully start that project sometime soon.

Thanks Marty :) I hope the next version is even better and lighter. PVC is heavy and given this bag does not have a shoulder strap makes it a bit of a bore to carry around.

Hey mate,
wish I'd known about this forum when I was in Brisbane too. I believe the end "windows" are derived from or used a technology called Electrochromic Tinting for BTTF II, hence why you see Emmett "Doc" Brown turn a dial to adjust the flow of electricity passing through the tint [or the glass] allowing it to go clear as the particles line up.

["In electrochromic windows, the electrochromic material changes its opacity: it changes between a colored, translucent state (usually blue) and a transparent state" -Wikipedia]

If you research a bit on it, you'll find there are some people selling the tint on ebay. I believe this would be the most practical way of applying it to this project, which I've spent many a night wide awake thinking of how hard/easy it would be to bring the Nike case and all it's real world functions to life.
You're bag looks the goods!

Thank you. I'll have to look up that tint. The tint almost needs to be like EL sheet that can be cut into any shape so long as you leave the terminals intact.

That would be pretty cool to have the variable opacity ends.

Awesome , really great job ! I def want a Vac Formed version.
the tinting effect glass is indeed just a film like a EL sheet and you can cut it easily ! It's called Electrochromic film !
It's available cheap from Hong Kong,
maybe you could offer a kit..

UPDATE: I will be making a new buck for vac forming the end caps. Stay tuned :)

UPDATE:

This is the rig I'll be using to carve out the buck for the new V2 tube bag.

attachment.php

UPDATE:

It needs a bit of sanding, but the basic form is done :)

attachment.php

This is made to the proper 11.5" dia

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back