My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4

The first cast part has been poured. Just 250g for this part.

6627c6119c0acbe06fb0b208c9c37748.jpg

A word on weight.

So the aluminium master parts weight in at a total of 8KG!

Way too heavy to be practical.

If there is no shrinkage (and specs state less than 0.003 of inch) the end cap will weight just 0.250KG
2 x 250g for the end caps = 500g or 0.5KG.

Even of the body and lids use a further 1000g, the total will only be about 1.5KG or about 1/5th the weight of the master parts.

The plastic I am using is D80, so very hard.

Light and strong is what I am hoping for here so that this replica prop is actually useable.

Looking great!

Don't know if I'll be able to afford one, but I'm following along closely. Looking forward to the finished product.
Good replica props are not cheap. My other non accurate Tube Bag cost me 250 to make. And there was no machined parts or silicone molds.

I am looking at over $2k just for tooling to make the first one. Still working out material costs and won't know until all parts are made.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Decal master came out nice. Here the letters are all glued down.
9a6097d28ad2582e80eab6aa9fb70191.jpg

Initially I was just going to flood the base around the letters, but I decided to coat them to create a slightly bubbled effect that helps take off the sharp edges. The epoxy forms a skin over the parts creating a smooth surface that allows you to still feel the letters. The mold will also be useful to apply the letters and keep them all in a row with the correct spacings.
115d19f5b54e29457f04f37842621f5e.jpg

You can see here that the clear epoxy comes up about half way of the perspex letters.
a0f849479ae894687c4a0179a729f120.jpg

Paper decals will also be available for those that want closer to screen used.

All this progress got me so excited that I unboxed my v3s last night and gave them a charge. LOL

Side note, I'm totally wearing Mags at my wedding. My fiancé will be wearing sneakers too, just in case anyone thought it was weird. hahaha

All this progress got me so excited that I unboxed my v3s last night and gave them a charge. LOL

Side note, I'm totally wearing Mags at my wedding. My fiancé will be wearing sneakers too, just in case anyone thought it was weird. hahaha

Would be fitting if she had Nike Bruins and you had your MAGs.

The mold is well and truly cured, but I will I will give this mold a few more hours before demolding and doing a first test pour.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back