Found!!! Obi ANH 'Gear'!!!

These were taken with a camera phone so the quality isn't that good:

gear01.jpg

FB

Originally posted by franz bolo@Oct 27 2005, 06:51 AM
These were taken with a camera phone so the quality isn't that good...
FB

Well...if you go ahead and send me one of those, I'll go ahead and take some better photos of it for you. ;)

Got mine today.
WOO HOO..
Did you note the RING with the holes in it...is alwost EXACTLY the same diameter as the inside of the nozzle?

Not enough holes though...and too far apart. Unless, more were added.
Frank

Gotcha..

I just checked it.

You might know this but I think the booster goes the other way in your photo.
Is that a real grenade?

Serafino was right, the OD of the Ring fits perfect inside a Graflex Clamp.

FB

Where in the world is everybody getting these things? Are they available in some corner grocery store somewhere? I can barely find pictures of these things, let alone anyone who's selling them.

-Fred

Booster?
Ok....sure.

hehehe

Re: the Grenade. Its a REALLY nice Copy of a Grenade....made by a WWII enthusiast.

Nothing againts the other replicas I have seen, but this one looks like a real grenade, and not something freshly machined.

I have a friend who is a Gun Collector..and knows alot of OBSCURE little web sites, or even collectors who do not hAVE web sites.

I told him what I was looking for and he helped me find it.

Originally posted by Gigatron@Oct 28 2005, 01:00 AM
Where in the world is everybody getting these things?  Are they available in some corner grocery store somewhere?  I can barely find pictures of these things, let alone anyone who's selling them.

-Fred
[snapback]1105208[/snapback]​

I will ofcourse. and FOlks...

PLEASE dont PM me to death telling me your interested in one of I get more.

Thanks.

I seriously doubt I will get any,

I confirmed that the boosters with the Flash Hider attached are the same as the ones with out the flash hider.

The Flash hider is permenently attached to the front Hex Bolt which, like the other version, unscrews from the heat sink part.

FB

The cotter pin is to hold the Flash Hider on. The Heatsink was tack welded onto the barrel housing.

All of the ones I've seen so far have a small weld on 1 of the fins always in the same spot.

I also talked to a guy that said there were 3 versions.

1) just the Booster with no Flash Hider
2) Booster with Flash Hider that unscrews.
3) Booster with Flash Hider permenently attached.

FB

Originally posted by BrundelFly@Oct 27 2005, 05:03 PM
Nothing againts the other replicas I have seen, but this one looks like a real grenade, and not something freshly machined.
[snapback]1105212[/snapback]​
Original grenades were freshly machined once. :) Start with a proper machined steel replica and age it appropriately and the crispness remains where it should and erodes where it should, and you end up with something like Laszlo's Chen grenade, blowtorched, left out in the fog and rain, shown here only partway through its natural weathering process. :D

obigrenlaszloweath2je.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back