Found!!! Obi ANH 'Gear'!!!

I just can't believe it. The emitter and the gear found, so close together? It's bizarre. Amazing work, AGAIN. And thank you so much.

-Douglas

:eek :eek :eek

Congratulations, Killdozer. That really looks like the one, with the wire even. :confused Find out what gauge that is.
And to think that I missed that a few weeks ago when I was staring at guns like crazy... :$

thats it,

the parts are there,

i want replicas now... not excuses.

general serafino... prepare your men for a large run. :lol

the circle is now truly complete...

if that aint it its DEFFINATELY on the right track and too close to tell its not, just from the pics...

awesome work to killdozer and crew.

this will be a day long remembered. :cheers

OK... OK.... I've followed many paths leading to dead ends, but if Serafino is excited enough to REPOST my discover, I guess I'm finally on the right track. :lol

The caliber I know: .303 a UK standard, and apparently, in my research so far, uncommon.

I tried to do some scaling of exoray's fine photo (which I can't believe. the one I posted was the best I could find.), but without success. However, here's a pic which made me go "ah hah.", or at least, "not bad.":

[image]http://www.therpf.com/archive/obi_gear/lanholding.jpg[/image]

Now, nobody wants a blowup like on the flash hider thread. I don't particularly care if I get an original part myself, but let's all play nice for now, and not flood potential suppliers with emails. I've started a list of contacts-- PM me if you'd like to participate this way.

Thanks may not quite be in order yet, but I wouldn't have gotten this far without the TOP NOTCH cooperation of you lot.

KD

I am far from an ammunitions expert, but would a .303 make a decent anti-aircraft round. I know it was used for the enfields (shown in the picture in that link), but I would think those big guns would use something like the british equivalent of the 50 cal. (and it looks like there's a strip of them near the .303s)

Those guns are definitely not anti-personnel. If anything, they'd be either anti-armor or anit-aircraft. And if it's the latter, either plane mounted or tri-pod or trailer mounted (for a mobile platform), probably in groups of four.

Just a thought.

-Fred

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back