Back to the Future Marty's Holographic Cap (BTTF)

jun

Hi guys, does anyone know where i can buy a movie accurate (size and design) Back To the Future II colour-changing cap?

I have had a look around but not sure if any of them are screen accurate.

Are the ones made by Diamond any good?

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance ;)

Re: Where to buy accurate BTTF2 cap?

That's difficult. I have two different caps in my collection. An older one from "Miraj Caps" and the new one from "Diamond Select". The one from "Diamond Select" has better colors, but an inaccurate design. The one from "Miraj Caps" is more accurate (except for that button on top), but it seems, that the producers don't exist anymore (the domain name is for sale and I can't find them on Google).

That's the cap from "Miraj Caps":

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the cap from "Diamond Select":

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the comparison pic, they are very helpful.

To be accurate, does the cap have the adjustment strap behind? I guess this is the main reason why Diamond select is inaccurate?

Cheers

The real cap does not have the adjustable strap.
While I feel the Diamond Select cap has a better material, it lacks the material under the brim and it has the adjustable strap. I could have lived with the strap if there were the material under the brim.
Unfortunately, the Miraj cap is out of production and was the best replica of this - it goes for top dollar on Ebay nowadays.

Unfortunately, the Miraj cap is out of production and was the best replica of this - it goes for top dollar on Ebay nowadays.

Are you saying, that I have a small treasure at home? I can't find the cap on eBay. Must be very rare. What do people pay for it? I paid just a few dollars a few years ago.

(and no, I don't want to sell it :p)

I have 3 of these mirraj caps 1 small still with tag attached and had it signed a few years back by james tolkan and jeffery weisman,and 2 medium, one that had the button on the top which i removed to look more screen accurate and the other was the more screen accurate one with no button which has no miraj label inside which i thought was strange at the time so i guessed it was missed off when it was made.:cool AND NO I HAVE NO PLANS ON SELLING THEM TO:lol

I didn't know that those Miraj caps came in different sizes. Mine is far too large for my thin head. But it's okay for me, because the cap is just for display.

Yeah i originally got the small because my head aint that big but then found out that was to small so then got the mediums:lol they did produce small,medium,large.Roland hang on to your hat mate as i have seen them on ebay go for over £200 due to them being rare as anything since miraj went out of production.:cool

Lol, cheers guys, now you know how lucky u are to own one of the Mirraj caps.

So I guess the search continues for me to find an accurate BTTF cap. Perhaps some day a member would come along and offer a run of the definitive bttf cap ;)

Those are great comparison pics Roland.

I bought the Miraj Cap right when the revised one (without the button) became available, i.e. after the company took more feedback from fans on the BTTF.com forum.

One of the fans on the BTTF.com forum actually approached Miraj initially asking whether they will make BTTF 2 caps. Cause Miraj was already manufacturing many different caps with holographic materials, but they had their company logo with a big M at the front.

So then they agreed, removed the logo and had a small run. And I think their regular caps did have adjusting straps, but they removed that for the BTTF 2 cap. They really reached out to the fans and listened to various suggestions. After that run was successful they made a final run of caps, offering various sizes and had the top button removed as well. It was most screen accurate. And since they never had any BTTF name attached to the product, I am guessing it was not a huge copyright issue.

DST cap does have better colors, but still isn't accurate. Their stitching also appears to be bad as it just stops near the sides of the brim instead of closing out properly. They couldn't even make a simple Outatime plate accurate. Besides the BTTF minimates, I never bought any of their prop replicas and don't intend to.

Now I think there might be other companies like Miraj who manufacture similar caps with the same material. Companies who are already in the same business may always be willing to make changes to their product if there is enough profit. We need to track them down and offer them the BTTF 2 cap idea.

Those are great comparison pics Roland.

One of the fans on the BTTF.com forum actually approached Miraj initially asking whether they will make BTTF 2 caps. Cause Miraj was already manufacturing many different caps with holographic materials, but they had their company logo with a big M at the front.

So then they agreed, removed the logo and had a small run. And I think their regular caps did have adjusting straps, but they removed that for the BTTF 2 cap.

---------------
Wow, That was me ! I am BTTF123 Tim and I called them about the caps they had with the M logo on it , stitching in the brim, strap on the back, button on top. I asked them what would be a mim. run to make them screen accurate with out all of that and they ran me 10 hats for $500. It took a little over a month, about 45 days. They sent me the hats from there office and I sold off all but one over the years. Just have one now , but was cool to get it done. However after all of that, they seen a better martket then the one with the M logo on it, the BTTF Market. So they started getting them made they way I asked them to then on out and called it a Back to the Future edition.

Who made the hats that were not sold, but made specifically for the 2011 Nike MAG event?

Yeah, I watched these caps a while and after they decide to make a more acurate one I got one, still happy with it... ^^

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back