Back to the Future Marty's Holographic Cap (BTTF)

Re: Where to buy accurate BTTF2 cap?

I never contact Sommers about their lenticular. Just got too busy with other stuff I guess.

I have been thinking about some other projects I can make with my sheet of Lantor lenticular.

I think a screen accurate or really close replica would do very well. Especially if it expands past this forum and onto eBay. People are really used to the generic Diamond Select cap, so if they see an accurate one it would be an instant buy.

Even if the colors aren't perfect, if the shape is right then it will be loads better than what is currently available.

Last edited:

I was thinking buying an extra diamond select cap and let a tailor custom make 2 caps into 1 closed cap..
Just thinking out loud;-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I was thinking buying an extra diamond select cap and let a tailor custom make 2 caps into 1 closed cap..
Just thinking out loud;-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
You will also need the lenticular to be put on the underside of the peek of the cap! It's a great idea and could be done with 2 caps! :)

Even if the colors aren't perfect, if the shape is right then it will be loads better than what is currently available.

IMO, the color is the primary "character" of the hat. I've been staring at the lenticular too long to accept an incorrect color.

EDIT
Sommers has their hat lenticular on sale for $15 right now. I might have to get a sheet and compare it to the Lantor.

Maybe get the lenticular for my hoverboards while I'm at it.

Last edited:

IMO, the color is the primary "character" of the hat. I've been staring at the lenticular too long to accept an incorrect color.

EDIT
Sommers has their hat lenticular on sale for $15 right now. I might have to get a sheet and compare it to the Lantor.

Sounds good please post some pics when you get it :)

EDIT

Well obviously if accurate colors are available that rout would be better. But if slightly inaccurate colored are all that can be obtained without someone spending thousands on custom material that has a large minimum order, I would be ok with just having a correct shaped hat.

Last edited:

Well obviously if accurate colors are available that rout would be better. Bit if that's all that can be obtained without someone spending thousands on custom material that has a large minimum order, I would be ok with just having a correct shaped hat.

Sommers will probably be the correct material. They have a DS-style hat on their page. I think they supply whoever makes that hat. Which is also sold by a few other people than DS.

When you search for 'back to the future hat' on ebay, you can see it being sold as the "g-dragon snapback" hat or a similar name for about $10-$15.

Not sure if this is of any help, but I stumbled across some old photos on my phone of me wearing my Miraj cap. These photos are a fairly good representation of the lenticular colours found on the Miraj cap.

IMG_3623.PNGIMG_3624.PNGIMG_3625.PNG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back