Back to the Future Marty's Holographic Cap (BTTF)

Re: Where to buy accurate BTTF2 cap?

Wasn't Miraj also supposed to release a backpack, made with the same material as the cap? Did they ever release it? This is a photograph I found on an Italian BTTF site:
MIRAJCAP.jpg

Hello! I have good news for anyone who is looking for a screen accurate BTTF hat! It looks like somebody posted a Miraj screen accurate version of the BTTF hat alongside a bunch of other Miraj Caps on Ebay! These caps haven't been made in almost a decade, I almost can't believe they are all posted. I hope that there are enough of them to go around for everyone on here but I doubt it. I hope this was helpful to you all. And now I'll make like a tree, and get outta here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a miraj cap. Its accurate :)
has anyone ever tried to sew two licenced hats together to make one strapless hat?
Im really curious how that would turn out.

I have one of the miraj caps from long ago and a couple of the diamond ones. Both are nice, though the diamond's colors are brighter, (not to mention still being made...) Nice hats though, I wish they were fitted and came in different sizes though.

Sorry to bring this topic back, but for those interested there is a new listing on ebay for a miraj "no top button" cap. I don't sell it (as I already owe one), so I just want to give the information to those who might be interested, because this listing is not very expensive (for the prices that were discussed here at least)

Just search "miraj cap" on ebay.com (I don't know if I can give the direct link to the item).
I hope it helps!!!!

Sorry to bring this topic back, but for those interested there is a new listing on ebay for a miraj "no top button" cap. I don't sell it (as I already owe one), so I just want to give the information to those who might be interested, because this listing is not very expensive (for the prices that were discussed here at least)

Just search "miraj cap" on ebay.com (I don't know if I can give the direct link to the item).
I hope it helps!!!!

I love the Miraj accurate cap. I see the one on ebay. Buyers beware that if you want this and plan to wear it, the size small Miraj cap is extremely small. I have a small head and wear size small U.S. baseball caps. There was also not enough give to stretch it out. Size small Miraj caps are good for children, possibly teenagers, or good as a prop. Just from my experience...

Last edited:

Aw now i wish I hadn't misplaced my Miraj cap.. I remember I was the first person to post pictures of the first batch on the BTTF.com forums. Meh, I'm not too bummed out. Their first edition without the M logo still had the airflow holes on top, the cap, and the adjustable strap, so it wasn't too accurate. Even 3 of the 6 lenticular sheets had were only green/red colors. Half the cap was missing the blue and yellow colors.

I also have a Miraj cap, I bought it from them, it was many years ago.
I also have the DST one. The DST one has better colors, the Miraj one has the button on top.
If I remember correctly, you could only buy the Miraj cap in one size at that time, it was just a little too big to wear, so it serves as a display piece.
At the same time they also sold a lenticular bttf backpack.

1446378142654-1206676714.jpg1446378076927673319212.jpg

On the left is the DST one and on the right is the Miraj one.

do we know of any company willing to make a accurate hat replica? I think there's a good interest in a run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please! We are well passed Oct 21st and in dire need of an accurate BTTF p2 baseball cap!

If someone does a run: I'm also interested in an accurate cap...

Bought mine on eBay, the Diamond Select hat. Doesn't fit, as it's hard plastic and just does not form to your head. It looks like a big block sitting on your head, but good for a display piece to a collection. If anyone knows how to fix the problem I am all ears lol

Bought mine on eBay, the Diamond Select hat. Doesn't fit, as it's hard plastic and just does not form to your head. It looks like a big block sitting on your head, but good for a display piece to a collection. If anyone knows how to fix the problem I am all ears lol

Change your head! :D

No, seriously. It really depends on your head. I'm looking stupid as well, when I'm wearing that hat. But I saw people that seem to have the "right" head for those hats. :darnkids

I have a small dome lol, I wear size S in fitted hats.... so it looks HUGE on me. I might try heating it up or just breaking it in with my hands. I have an event next weekend where I am dressing up as Marty. I have the jacket, shoes, hoverboard, but not sure I will wear the hat as it looks ridiculous

I have a small dome lol, I wear size S in fitted hats.... so it looks HUGE on me. I might try heating it up or just breaking it in with my hands. I have an event next weekend where I am dressing up as Marty. I have the jacket, shoes, hoverboard, but not sure I will wear the hat as it looks ridiculous

It can't look that bad... :) If you want a simple and easy solution, you can use safety pins to help re-shape the hat. The main part of the pin should be inside the hat so it's more inconspicuous. You can also get bright colored safety pins to help blend with the material better.

Pins.JPG

It can't look that bad... :) If you want a simple and easy solution, you can use safety pins to help re-shape the hat. The main part of the pin should be inside the hat so it's more inconspicuous. You can also get bright colored safety pins to help blend with the material better.

View attachment 562377

Good idea.... I might try that and see how good it can get

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back