Snatcher - Metal Gear MkII Robot Build

Did you know that MGS1 was originally going to have a Metal Gear MkII available as an item.

The only clue of this was from a tiny symbol from an item menu in the very first MGS trailer shown back in 97'.

MGS1-Metal-Gear-MKII.jpg

MGS1-Metal-Gear-MKII-BIG.jpg

A big/small victory today for my Snatcher project!

I finally got my Raspberry Pi emulator working perfectly and with the right size monitor that will go into the final robot.

I will be able to play Snatcher on a Metal Gear MkII!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! Conceptual art at its finest! :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446562587.404937.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446562598.306892.jpg

Last edited:
Yearly bump! I just finished another playthrough of Snatcher via Sega CD emulator, and was reminded of this project. Any progress? The work you've completed so far has been fantastic!

It’s still waiting in the shadows to be worked on again. I’m dying todo so though.

It’s so close, I really just need to spend a whole weekend on it and finish it up.

Less than yearly bump? With all the talk of Cyberpunk 2077 lately, I learned of snatcher and have been loving it. This project is really cool! I hope you're able to work on it soon.

Brilliant work! I was always hoping to someday tackle the MGS4 version someday. Using a self balancing system was also something I was curious to see working as well. Icredible to actualy see someone implement it!

When I eventually get back to my build I might have to steal this method for the front lid opening mechanism.
https://twitter.com/hakumai_no_tomo/status/1045945483603042304

Seeing his build also makes me wan to finally learn some 3d software. The precision of the mechanisms is awesome.
DnvnkCyV4AAf3Zq.jpg

Dnvnl20V4AAGkIU.jpg

DnvnodiU8AAuNnJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back