The Walking Dead Season 3

Well then that's Glenn on the left of his leg. I don't think that's them. Well...I hope not. I don't see Michonne getting axed. She's too strong of a character and too careful.

You know, I'm going to add my two cents here about the cover.

You guys have to understand that covers are meant to draw in the audience. I can tell you I've got quite a few comics that have covers that really don't show up in the comic. For example, from The Walking Dead, I have read Book 1 (which has Volumes 1 and 2, which covers the Atlanta and Hershel's Farm stories). But I have never seen any panels in the comic in the first volume that looks exactly like this, or this, or even this. Though they're close, they're not exact.

My point is that the covers don't always spoil what's happening in the story, sometimes not even exactly like it is in the comic and sometimes don't even feature what's in the story. I cite another post-apocalyptic comic series, Crossed, where each cover has those who are Crossed committing horrific crime and acts of violence that are not even seen in the story. When it comes to the character of Rick, I think the cover itself reflects his emotional state. It's not only the weight of those in his group that has died that haunts him, but those that are still alive in his group dying as well, as well as the enemies of the story that haunt him as well. I think this cover just reflects his pain for those who have lost their lives (in more ways than the obvious) due to this situation and the fear of losing those who are still alive with him.

Of course, I could very well be wrong in my interpretation or opinion. For all we know, the cover could be an up-front, "This is gonna happen" image.

Hmm not sure if I like this look anymore now that Im seeing it on the actress

walking-dead-michonne_510.jpg

Source: 'The Walking Dead' first look of Danai Gurira as Michonne | Inside TV | EW.com

'The Walking Dead' first look of Danai Gurira as Michonne | Inside TV | EW.com

Kirkman says, “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne — remains intact from the comics. But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”

“We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.”

Cannot wait for this, loved the previous two seasons, I have never read the comics, do you recommend them?

Thanks Amanda

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back