What's your most expensive prop purchase regret?

i bought a whole front facia/bumper with grille and lights etc from a delorean , was £200 many years ago before i knew about forums like this

i took it to work at the bodyshop and refurbed it , all it needed was assembly and the bttf mesh part adding to make a awesome display peice , sadly i didnt find enough time or enthusiasm to finish it , i advertised it localy and could fnd shipping at that time , ended up giving it away to a knight rider fan lol

I really liked this thread, so will renew it with a bump. ;)

My biggest regrets tend to be cheaper things rather than "expensive" ones. I bought a few small replicas that I don't absolutely love when I could have saved that money for some 'small' screen used props. The more expensive items I bought are ones that I don't regret, just because I'd have to really think about whether I really want them before buying.

Pretty much all my purchase regrets stem from model kits and figure.....though I did overpay for a CO Laser Screwdriver once before they were re-released....ugh that one still stings. Though recently I bought an EFX luke reveal for $300 and immediately regretted it and began thinking of reselling it once it came in. When it finally arrived in the mail and I finally laid hands on the thing... every ounce of regret vanished the minute I opened that sucker up. So a momentary regret I suppose.

My biggest regret was all those Star Wars figures and toys that came out in 95 I spents a ton of $$$ and sold everything at lost, also my Life size Don Post Fett Statue back when it came out, paid over $3500 for it, just sold it for $10K so no regrets now :) Also Terminator and Indiana Jones Premium format figures but got my $ back, also the Jango blasters which I sold at nice profit, so overall all my purchase regrets paid off! next to load off is my life size Illusive crap Han in carbonite,

GFollano

Last edited:
My biggest regret was all those Star Wars figures and toys that came out in 95 I spents a ton of $$$ and sold everything at lost,

Yeah, this. BIG time. I have so many carded 3 3/4" figures, and no desire to even look at them. I'd sell them at a loss in a minute if it wouldn't be SO much work just listing them to begin with.

Red Superman Kryptonite chunk, similar to the one in Superman 3. I got into a bidding war and one it for $115. I sold it and made some money back on it at least. The things you buy before kids and bills.

AA Stormtrooper helmet. Eventually sold it at more than a $300 loss, but deliberately at the same price as the DS one, which I then bought.

So from a certain point of view, I overpaid for a DS but am obviously much happier with it.

Anything I bought w/o doing proper research on, then only to realize how many inaccuracies said item had.

And the impulse buys:
Black Series Kylo Ren helmet, second 3d printed Obi-Wan saber, and Jayne’s all metal Boo. Although Boo was on my grail list, I don’t really regret the buy. It was definitely an impulse that set me back and took awhile to recover from.

Probably more, I’m just blanking lol.

this is a great thread by the way. Lots of “I feel your pain” running through my head as I read some of the posts hahah.

A Tomenosuke Stunt Assembly Kit. I bought it thinking it was a metal kit but once it came in and I realized I was wrong i damn near instantly decided to sell it for a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back