Anovos Star Trek: TNG Command Uniforms

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didn't see a thread on this, apologies if I missed it, but...

Anovos has just announced their premier line of Star Trek: TNG uniforms!

As a diehard TNG fan, I'm very excited about this. They're on the pricier side, but given all the research and work that goes into one of these, I think the end price is quite reasonable.

Here's the link - ANOVOS Productions LLC | Star Trek™: The Next Generation | High-End Replica Costume Uniforms for Men and Women

I did have a few questions that I was hoping some of our resident Anovos members could answer:

• Will there be premier versions of the other colors (e.g. gold and blue) available? If so, is there an estimated release date for those?
  • Since I see no mention of this in the item description, I assume the uniform does not include boots? Is there a plan to make replica boots? Or are we on our own with that?
  • Do the pants support phaser and tricorder holsters?
Sean

I did have a few questions that I was hoping some of our resident Anovos members could answer:

1. Will there be premier versions of the other colors (e.g. gold and blue) available? If so, is there an estimated release date for those?
2. Since I see no mention of this in the item description, I assume the uniform does not include boots? Is there a plan to make replica boots? Or are we on our own with that?
3. Do the pants support phaser and tricorder holsters?

Sean

To answer your questions :

1. Yes, we will be doing Gold and the Teal - in so far the demand keeps up.
2. Do not include boots, currently, and am working on an outside deal with a "historic" boot maker.
3. Oddly, my hero pants I was given as reference did not have these. I am asking my friends who own screen used outfits if they have them on their hero "bibs" - if they do, its an easy addition, but I need to be absolutely sure and also of its dimensions and placements.

I will also be posting some blurbs about the creation of these icons. It was a labor of love, but is by far MY favorite era of Star Trek.

That's right, I said it.

Very high prices on those but I'm sure they will be the final word on TNG Uniform replicas. It's been a long time coming.

From ANOVOS' "Original Universe" Star Trek Facebook Page. Pre-orders for the Star Trek: The Next Generation Premier Line tunics will be launching tomorrow, January 10!

ALCARS1_zps0eeb7ab4.jpg

AWESOME!!! :)

Last edited:
Order placed for the Command tunic and rank pips.
Only wish I had a bigger budget so I could have gotten the Gold tunic - but that can wait for the next production run.

You joke, but there's been more than one occasion I've been tempted to borrow money to buy things like this.
I've learned the hard way that doing so means you can't afford to have it.

Over 1,000$ dollars? Wow. Um....... maybe I'll keep the one I made for less than 100$. Thanks though.

Good Luck to those of you that have the money though! :sick

Over 1,000$ dollars? Wow. Um....... maybe I'll keep the one I made for less than 100$. Thanks though.

Good Luck to those of you that have the money though! :sick

Your lucky if it is just a $1,000. :)

Remember after you buy it from Anovos then you'll have to have it Tailored to fit you perfectly by paying someone else to do that.

Then there's the Boots, :eek
Also If they intend to add Phaser & Tricorder Holster spots then there will be the added cost of buying the holsters.:facepalm

After it is all said and done, you've spent so much $$$ that you will end up sealing it under glass for safe keeping.

Funny, A good used car & these costumes cost the same.............:lol

But, Hope those of you that can afford them have a lot fun with them. ;)....

Today I received my ANOVOS TNG Command tunic and pips.
Without going into a discussion of the high price tag, I am happy to report the qualit and fit is gorgeous.
The "Picard pull-down" is a necessity with this as it rides up easily when you put your arms up or sit down.
I enjoy the almost tailored, form-fit but was at first taken back by the actual color of the fabric.
It looks a very deep wine color, but will appear more "red" in brighter lighting.
While the tunic has some unique design featured, notably the zipper and hook-closure system, the fabric is a simple light cotton twill and some padding in the shoulders.
I will have to wait to get better photos taken:
20130128_110433.jpg

20130128_105832.jpg

The pip set (again, without discussion of price) are simply brilliant!
They hold very well and the subtle color weathering looks fantastic.
However, the gold backing of the magnet plate can be seen shining behind the collar when worn - I plan on painting the backside black to help hide this.
20130128_232537.jpg

Excellent! The tunic looks great on you!

I also received my pips today, but am still waiting on my uniform. Hopefully, it shows up soon...

Thanks for the compliment!
I can see the need for the accurate pants due to where the waist falls on the tunic.
Looking forward to breaking this out at the next con.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back