Your FAVORITE Screen-Used Prop!

How about Kirk's Klingon Translator:
TransComp.jpgKirkCap.jpg

I am new to this forum but I have enjoyed prop building and collecting for a long time. I have a Gothic chair and desk from prince Caspian in my house. They are very prominent on screen. I have screen used license plates and keys from Herbie fully loaded and odds and ends from The iron man movies but my 2 favorites is the big picture of Iron man that Tony hangs up that looks like the obama poster. it is production made...I cant confirm if its THE poster but it is signed by RDJ and came from an FX guy on the Iron man 2. the other is my newest find. My screen used Farnsworth with working electronics. DT

Very cool, what's it actually made of?

Both of them that I have are fiberglass skulls, and a mixture of metal, wood, rubber bands, tape and springs for the armature mechanics.

The half skin was made by Tom Spina, as a way to showcase what it looked like on screen while still maintaining what it looks like today.

I have one with the controls still attached. I've been thinking of making it fully functional with a full foam latex skin on it again.

I hope to greatly expand my screen-used props. Right now, I have Spartacus TV show screen-used props. 1 is being paid off - that would be my favorite... Lucy Lawless Lucretia Roman-style gown from episode 10: Party Favors. But here are my other props (fully paid for- lol)!100_5147.JPG100_5147.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Oops - didn't mean to post two of the same - sorry! Out of those, I love... all of them... hard to pick a favorite but probably the slave-worn headdress just because it's so detailed and ornate! :)

it's a tie between two props i own at the moment....one i havent disclosed yet, so ill share the other one...

the Rocketeer prototype production helmet. It was sculpted by a Design Setters crew member (same company that mold all of the hero helmets and hero packs). It was shown to Joe Johnston which he rejected it....The final production helmet was later sculpted by kent melton.....

The prototype helmet was on display in the Rocketeer Gallery at the Walt Disney World MGM Studios in 1991....Then it sat collecting dust on the studio tour for many years....it definitely seen better days

rockprotocollwater.jpg

see video at 1:51
The Rocketeer display at the Disney/MGM Studios summer 1991 - YouTube

I currently only collect props from the Nightmare On Elm St series. My favorite screen used prop is probably the one armed sweater from Freddy vs Jason. Robert Englund wore this sweater in the scene where Jason first chops off his arm.

Jared_01.jpg

The rest of my screen used collection is here on YourProps.

I also have a pretty extensive collection of Freddy glove replicas. I'm working on building a website that will allow me to highlight the massive collection!

My mom used to work for a make up company in El Segundo called "Gordon Laboratories" where most make up FX and art dept people used to go and buy direct. One of the regular customers had worked on the Big Red One and I assume heard me talking about it or such, I dont recall exactly as I was maybe ten at the time and the film had just been released. A few days or so later he brought in a German stick grenade that blew my mind at the time as it was made out of wood. I still have it, in a drawer of course.

My favorite item in my collection is without a doubt one of only 2 hero Stomper Boots ever made for Super Mario Bros. Made of metal, fiberglass, resin, and foam parts with electronics built in for the light bar as well as functional pistons.

It might not be considered a great film, but it still had some incredibly cool production design!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back