Original Alien Nostomo Detonator Room Miniature...

Laser Brain

Sr Member
Hi guys,
I thought you'd be interested in checking this out...maybe trying to ID the parts on it.

It's the original miniature of the Nostromo Detonator room exterior. Ripley is rear-projected into this in the movie.

4758768.jpeg

6272516.jpeg

6296499.jpeg

6397108.jpeg

6413580.jpeg

6432116.jpeg

6448391.jpeg

6462184.jpeg

6482527.jpeg

6502579.jpeg

6525763.jpeg

Lots of Centurion too. All the staples.

Bet those are the same Tyrells that provided the lower engine shrouds for the Narcissus. :)

Lots of Centurion too. All the staples.

Bet those are the same Tyrells that provided the lower engine shrouds for the Narcissus. :)

Id agree Martyn, it does, look a very appealing structure to build, love the use of the donors on this, id be half tempted to take a stab if i hadnt shot my load of my Tyrrell chassis' on other builds lol.

lee

Wow! These are awesome! Many thanks, Neil!

I love the little Weyland-Yutani decals; I guess they had them made up specially.

I recall Bill writing somewhere that he'd 'break out the Tamiyas' for hero-detailing like this, but there's also a few choice bits of Airfix Scammel Tank Transporter in there. A real favourite of the Brit modelers!

Hi John. Bill has the photos too. I took 'em in his workshop, whilst on Red Dwarf. I'm sure he'll get round to posting them when he gets the time. I'm not a member of Space 1999 Eagle Transporter.

What I like about the Alien models and Pearson/Bower's work generally, is that you can get up really close and the greeblies still look modern or futuristic, whereas with some of the SW stuff a close-up view often takes you away to the 1940s, lol!

Thank you so much for sharing. I love how so many great reference photos keep emerging, even years down the line.
This has always been one of my personal favorites, I'm thrilled to see all the sides for the first time! Any more Nostromo goodies lurking in your files?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back