EP III clone helmet. Rough sculpt PIX*

It is a pretty common building material. I am sure there must be companies in the UK that sell insulation. If you can't get in in blocks, then perhaps sheets? I know you can buy 2" thick, foil backed sheets.

If there is enough interest, I can look into buying some and shipping it out. I know that you can purchase it through the web, but I seem to get the idea that you get it in 12"X12"X12" block. I think that something like a 12"X24"X6" block might be more practical.

ive had a look around google but it just seems to be the flexable stuff.

i'd be interested in getting a block shipped over, do you know what sizes they do?

can you sand it smooth?

cheers

chris

When I worked at a sign company we got some samples ranging from soft to rock hard.
I aquired the samples and occasionally use them for small projects. (12"x12"x1" sheets)

The harder the material the smoother you can get it.

D6

I have a few helmets on the workbench.

I gonna need a bigger bench

clonesix2101.jpg

That last picture floored me....amazing. Your talent really shines with that pilot helmet....up until now I have seen decent interpretations of that helmet but you have just set the bar so high that it will be tough to raise it from here....your inner circle that is privy to your work is are fortunate indeed.

Originally posted by punisher@Oct 23 2005, 04:26 PM
how do you mirror the detail on both sides so evenly? what is your secret.?

Scott
[snapback]1102183[/snapback]​

punisher,

that is best answered with pictures, a center line, a ruler, a compass, several triangles, squares, and a calculator.

foam02.jpg

foam03.jpg

DSC05173(2).JPG

i have a few questions if you dont mind: what kind of resin and glazying putty? and what kind of application? i imagine spraying it on would be difficult.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back