TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt

Love reading this thread because I have had the exact same problems :D

For balancing I like to add a "bandanna" to the sculpt. For some reason it helps break things up visually. Heres an older shot
DSCF5668.jpg

Last edited:

you have a cool wife, its great to see she lets you play dress up and a fan of retro gaming :)...the costume looks ammaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!, bravo my fellow costumer :)

Love reading this thread because I have had the exact same problems :D

For balancing I like to add a "bandanna" to the sculpt. For some reason it helps break things up visually. Heres an older shot
DSCF5668.jpg

Problems just keep commin up! hahaa:facepalm
I have my wife step in a lot to help me figure out what needs fixed. It's always nice to have a fresh pair of eyes.

you have a cool wife, its great to see she lets you play dress up and a fan of retro gaming :)...the costume looks ammaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!, bravo my fellow costumer :)

Thank you! She is awesome!

Well it still has a ways to go, but I just feel like I should throw up some photos so I can CONFIRM what I think still needs fixed. SO feel free to CRITIQUE!

15bb1cad.jpg

3a23b643.jpg

adca1603.jpg

6dfea91d.jpg

16db5552.jpg

503b9d6e.jpg

e5be58d2.jpg

Thanks.

I plan on adjusting the mouth area, not a fan of the straight mouth.

Also, I received my texture stamps from monstermakers. However, I tried it for a few seconds before I went and watched AVENGERS!, and no luck using it. Any tips on how to use a texture stamp!

Thanks and go watch AVENGERS!

I haven't used a texture stamp with that clay myself (assuming it is oil based), but I imagine a hit with a hair dryer or some isopropyl alcohol would soften it up enough to use the stamp. :)

That sculpt is looking GOOD by the way. I agreed with you on the lips, they are a bit sharpish. The way you are going you will have a turtle mask in no time!

Thanks Welmanshire! You have definitely helped me get this sculpt heading in the right direction. All of your suggestions have helped tremendously!

Tonight: Added a little eyebrow above the bandanna area.
Opened the mouth and tried to remove some of the sharpness.

Front view
54bd947e.jpg

Right side
90a65127.jpg

417ce5e9.jpg

Left side
af317964.jpg

8364b0de.jpg

Went ahead and changed some of the photos properties to show the lines of the sculpt a little better
4bae3a73.jpg

Later RPF

I have highlighted in red the areas I would work on. His "cheeks" are a little too chubby, slim them down and you will get a bit more of a Mikey shape, then you would have to make the mouth a little smaller to compensate I would take out a bit of the chin as well. You are going strong! Did you try a hair dryer or isopropyl for the texture stamp?

I have highlighted in red the areas I would work on. His "cheeks" are a little too chubby, slim them down and you will get a bit more of a Mikey shape, then you would have to make the mouth a little smaller to compensate I would take out a bit of the chin as well. You are going strong! Did you try a hair dryer or isopropyl for the texture stamp?

Thanks again man! I will work on this when the weekend rolls around! Still yet to try any texturing, but I plan on going the hair dryer route!

Definitely look forward to following your progress. I love the changes you've made to the head so far. Much more realistic.

Definitely look forward to following your progress. I love the changes you've made to the head so far. Much more realistic.

Thanks Nick, it has definitely changed a lot thanks to other members and their advise.

Revision vs Old
Much more slender.
And I see now that I need to even the smile but I think its pretty close...
Untitled.jpg

aa53a5d6.jpg

New texture
b650158b.jpg

Yeah man! That's what I am talking about! Looks really good. Cool texture too!

I truly cannot wait until this is complete. I haven't seen anything done with TMNT for a very long time.

I truly cannot wait until this is complete. I haven't seen anything done with TMNT for a very long time.

Thanks!

Worked on the left arm a little and played with some texture...

7d7bfdff.jpg

6c1d0a4a.jpg

980ae547.jpg

fff53313.jpg

That texture stamp is awesome, i wish i could get hold of one of those stamps but here in the uk its gonna cost a small fortune to get one sent over. How do you see out of the mask. Through the eyes or under the bandana like in the movies?

I plan on adjusting the mouth area, not a fan of the straight mouth.

Also, I received my texture stamps from monstermakers. However, I tried it for a few seconds before I went and watched AVENGERS!, and no luck using it. Any tips on how to use a texture stamp!

Thanks and go watch AVENGERS!

What kind of clay are you using?

That texture stamp is awesome, i wish i could get hold of one of those stamps but here in the uk its gonna cost a small fortune to get one sent over. How do you see out of the mask. Through the eyes or under the bandana like in the movies?

I have an idea to actually see out of the eyes. I want the costume to be functional. But if it really takes away from the look, I might go under the bandana.

What kind of clay are you using?

Chavant- Soft. Its really easy to work with, but may be too soft. I have considered using Chavant- Medium.

frendsbeautysupply.com

THUNDER UP! haha had to throw it out there.

Here is the 3 pieces ready for molding.

c7a8ef12.jpg

2a708157.jpg

Will be molding with smooth-on products:
Rebound 25
Plastipaste
Dragon Skin silicon rubber

May do a quick mock up of one of the turtles weapons for practice molding.

If anyone has any tips or a link to some great tutorials on molding. I would greatly appreciate it, although I have been burning down the web looking for them. hahaa

LETS GO OKC!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back