SkyNet is REAL

WarPig

Sr Member
Not mature yet, but scarily real.

I like robots; always have. While I don't have the patience to program one, it doesn't stop me from getting a "toy" once in awhile. Recently I subscribed to a magazine called "Servo", which is dedicated to hobby robotics. In the April issue is an ad for Cloud computing for robots at a site called myrobots.com.

From their "about" page:

"You can think of MyRobots as a social network for robots and smart objects (i.e. Facebook for robots). In the same way humans benefit from socializing, collaborating and sharing, robots can benefit from those interactions too by sharing their sensor information giving insight on their perspective of their current state."

I poked around and read some of the FAQ, and to be honest, the whole thing scares the crap out of me! They literally want to connect every "smart" device on the planet together.

Then what? Judgment Day?

I never heard of servo magazine, I used to get ROBOT magazine back before I realized it was a hobby i can't afford. This sounds like a bad idea not just from your fears but the possibility of security threads like hacking and viruses. Why do people suddenly think that everyone and everything has to be connected 24/7?

SERVO has been around for awhile (although I just found it). You can check it out online.

In similar news, I just read that there is now a legitimate phobia called "nomophobia", which is the fear of being without a cell phone or wireless device of some kind.

Time to drop out of society and wear live animals as hats!

SERVO has been around for awhile (although I just found it). You can check it out online.

In similar news, I just read that there is now a legitimate phobia called "nomophobia", which is the fear of being without a cell phone or wireless device of some kind.

Time to drop out of society and wear live animals as hats!

I have 4 newborn kittens we can start training to be hats :lol Seriously maybe i'm suffering from a fear of technology but some of this crap needs to stop. Oddly i see social media as evil but i love cybernetics and artificial limbs and robotics. Go figure lol.

I worked with a girl who couldn't go more than 10 minutes without checking her phone for text messages or Facebook updates. It was a problem and against company policy. I was a department manager and constantly riding her about it but the big boss finally told me "I'm tired of fighting that battle and there's nothing I can do." Sure there is, fire her and hire someone else who wants to work. :p

My step kid is like that with his Ipad. He cant watch TV or play videos games without having it by his side. Even when he has friends over he is still busy playing "words with friends" or something else with the people who aren't here. I find it SO rude.

I have 4 newborn kittens we can start training to be hats :lol Seriously maybe i'm suffering from a fear of technology but some of this crap needs to stop. Oddly i see social media as evil but i love cybernetics and artificial limbs and robotics. Go figure lol.

We think alike. That's why you're on my "friends" list! :lol

Sadly i realized how much I miss the net when it went out the other day even though i'm not in front of it. I miss being able to run and look something up really fast. Lowe's where mom worked is bad about the phones, if you kiss the butts of managers you can get away with using them though. I had a notebook, apparently accidentally tossed out in one of my brainless cleaning rampages, full of sketches for artificial limbs. I sat and took all sort of notes and sketches using my own limbs for reference. guess i have to start from scratch.
My friend thinks i'm nuts as i'm jealous of the arm the marines gave her to replace the one she lost. OpenProsthetics.org

I never very much liked 'smart' devices, now I'm far more worried, why would devices without personalities need to connect? if our phones and stuff were little AI's then this would make sense.

Id be more scared of that overdose of meat and fast food most Americans suffer from and end up with all kind of illness and cancer...

I knew that Skynet was an Apple product, if it was an microsoft one it would just charge us 60.00 a year for online services.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back