Uncharted: Nate Drake Outfits (PIC HEAVY)

I came across these the other day they look quite a lot like the shoes Nate wears in UC1. If the toe of the shoe was white and soles, black it'd be the exact shoe :D Converse Storm Boot Mens Leather & Suede Boots: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Accessories

First off, WELCOME!!! First post, and you offer up another option for the Drake outfit? Good to have you here! :)

Those boots you posted look pretty serious! Leather-looking with 2 shin coverings. I'd be sweating before I left the house! :lol:lol:lol

For my money, I'm still gonna stick with the PF Flyers, but thanks for the contribution, and again, welcome!

*Spoilers*

I'm just kinda posting that "warning" encase you haven't played Uncharted: Golden Abyss yet.

The video below is a collection of cut scenes from Chapter 1 of the game. I'm posting the link because the character, Dante , makes a comment about Drake's shoes that might be helpful to people putting together their Uncharted outfits. ;)

Fast forward to the 3:32 mark of the video and play it from there to hear the bit of dialogue I'm referring to.

Uncharted Golden Abyss Chapter 1 Cutscenes - YouTube

I've been playing through the first game (my cousin wants the platinum and I have more spare time... sue me) and I have to agree. Those shoes match and I even noticed the little eyelet vents on the game earlier today. (new, bigger TV and finally in true HD)

I'll try and get some better shots once I figure out how to pull screen caps off my PS3 directly. Here however is a shot of UC3 Drake's "Chateau" outfit. I know it's kinda hard to see his shoes but I believe I've found what he's wearing. Again, this lends more credence to my theory ND is getting most of their reference shots for his foot wear from the PF Flyer's site.

crop_temp

Yeah, that's pretty darn close. The problem I see is that the texture is totally off and so is the thickness of the material. The shirt in the game has more of the "waffle" texture and appears thicker than this shirt. Again, the shirt in the game is referred to in the load outs as the "French Sweater".

For $50 a pop that'd be an expensive shirt to mess around and take your chances on dyeing.

Okay, so after obsessing over the Uncharted 3 holsters thread, I decided to dust off my leathercrafting tools (and buy new ones) and give a crack at making them.

This is another one of those "close enough" projects, but I dare say I am quite proud of how close it came. First and foremost, Tandy's Leather Supply is my new best friend, so is the guy that runs at the North Hollywood branch who helped me practically every step of the way (short of actually helping me make the damn things). Working from Synasp's list of "ingredients" here, I bought tons of leather to make the set. The WWI Turkish bandolier is still a work in progress, but the holsters are awesome. I used the "Antique Mahogany" stain for the weathered leather look, then spent hours bending and staking them to get them look "used". This is the Yemen/Desert holster from Uncharted 3. The ring and the buckle is from the Collector's Edition of Uncharted 3. I pretty much already had everything else (i.e. shoes, pants, henley, watch [which, I know is the wrong color, so I will be making the leather band in mahogany soon]). The entire project (minus the completed bandolier) was only a 4-day project. Total cost of the costume is estimated at $280-320 USD (with a TON of excess leather for other projects, including a Tomb Raider Underworld shoulder harness and pistol holsters for the lady).

The Finished product:
205404_4187918737694_280789539_n.jpg

The main components dyed with the Antique Mahogany stain. The Bandolier base is just waiting for the painstakingly arduous process of adding the details and bullets.
409747_4183110177483_1045400245_n.jpg

The holsters with the straps attached for fitting prior to staining the leather.
529587_4184573814073_981282597_n.jpg

Me sporting the whole costume, looking like a dork. The shemagh was from Amazon. The pattern is REALLY close, if not exact:
309308_4209708962436_1494588212_n.jpg

Front view of the costume. The gun is an HK USP. It's just a placeholder. I'm getting a spring airsoft silver Beretta M92f and rendering it inoperable so Con security can't hassle me.
544649_4211760173715_1985651332_n.jpg

And an action view for schinitz and giggles:
482012_4209646360871_261706155_n.jpg

The holster looks really good. :) I'm not even going to attempt to try to make the UC3 holster. I'm currently slowly working on putting together an U2 holster. :)

What type of leather did you use for the holster and how much was it?

Ooh, I found an Uncharted thread I can actually contribute to instead of lurking! :)

So, a little backstory on this costume: It was literally put together in the 10 minutes before I went out the door for a convention (read: NOT high on the accuracy scale). I had ordered a new short wig for my upcoming Hawkeye costume, but when it arrived it was darker than I had anticipated. I looked at it and thought, "This looks more like Nathan Drake than Hawkeye." And then I thought, "Hmm -- I don't have a costume packed for the last day of the con..." So I made the world's fastest run to Goodwill, found a long-sleeved T-shirt in my size, came home and dumped everything in my kitchen that might stain on it (tea, coffee, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, potting soil, you name it), then rinsed it in the sink and draped it over a suitcase in the back of the car to dry on the way to the con. Everything else was scavenged from the closet or from other costumes (I've made enough prop guns to keep Drake in business for a while, and I had made a leather shoulder holster a few years ago for a different costume).

Anyway... Don't giggle too hard. I had a 9AM staff meeting the day I wore this, so I only spent about as much time on my makeup as I had on the shirt. IT WILL LOOK BETTER NEXT TIME, I PROMISE.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the costume and making it more accurate -- it's comfortable and practical enough to run workshops in, so I plan to wear it this week at Gen Con -- so I've done a bit more distressing on the shirt. I'm going for the mud-splattered U1 look, so now it looks like this:

Oh, and in keeping with the origin of this thread, it's an Old Navy women's cotton knit long-sleeved tee. Not sure of the exact style, since I got it at Goodwill... :)

I will attempt to get better/updated photos this week. (With, uh, better makeup.)

I was also wondering... Apart from the pistol, has anyone made any other weapon accessories for their Drake costume? I threw together the world's cheapest grenade this evening, but I was curious what other props people had done. (Gen Con has a blanket ban on all gun props, so I'm a little limited in what I can carry anyway.)

Here's my super-trashy MK-NDI, which cost me a total of $0.31 in materials. It's made from a Little Tikes ball, a plastic butterknife, a split ring off a keychain, a corner of scrap foam, and a hairpin. (The spoon is popped because I want to do a forced-perspective photo of Drake throwing it, for which I will remove the split ring. And realistically, the average person probably won't notice the discrepancy if it's just hanging on my belt.)

Last edited:
Ooh, I found an Uncharted thread I can actually contribute to instead of lurking! :)

So, a little backstory on this costume: It was literally put together in the 10 minutes before I went out the door for a convention (read: NOT high on the accuracy scale). I had ordered a new short wig for my upcoming Hawkeye costume, but when it arrived it was darker than I had anticipated. I looked at it and thought, "This looks more like Nathan Drake than Hawkeye." And then I thought, "Hmm -- I don't have a costume packed for the last day of the con..." So I made the world's fastest run to Goodwill, found a long-sleeved T-shirt in my size, came home and dumped everything in my kitchen that might stain on it (tea, coffee, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, potting soil, you name it), then rinsed it in the sink and draped it over a suitcase in the back of the car to dry on the way to the con. Everything else was scavenged from the closet or from other costumes (I've made enough prop guns to keep Drake in business for a while, and I had made a leather shoulder holster a few years ago for a different costume).

Anyway... Don't giggle too hard. I had a 9AM staff meeting the day I wore this, so I only spent about as much time on my makeup as I had on the shirt. IT WILL LOOK BETTER NEXT TIME, I PROMISE.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the costume and making it more accurate -- it's comfortable and practical enough to run workshops in, so I plan to wear it this week at Gen Con -- so I've done a bit more distressing on the shirt. I'm going for the mud-splattered U1 look, so now it looks like this:

Oh, and in keeping with the origin of this thread, it's an Old Navy women's cotton knit long-sleeved tee. Not sure of the exact style, since I got it at Goodwill... :)

I will attempt to get better/updated photos this week. (With, uh, better makeup.)

I was also wondering... Apart from the pistol, has anyone made any other weapon accessories for their Drake costume? I threw together the world's cheapest grenade this evening, but I was curious what other props people had done. (Gen Con has a blanket ban on all gun props, so I'm a little limited in what I can carry anyway.)

Here's my super-trashy MK-NDI, which cost me a total of $0.31 in materials. It's made from a Little Tikes ball, a plastic butterknife, a split ring off a keychain, a corner of scrap foam, and a hairpin. (The spoon is popped because I want to do a forced-perspective photo of Drake throwing it, for which I will remove the split ring. And realistically, the average person probably won't notice the discrepancy if it's just hanging on my belt.)

Ha! Nice job on everything so far. I'm a little stunned at seeing a lady take on Drake himself. I've only seen the women doing Chloe and Elena. :)

What part of Indiana are you from? :cool I'm in Fort Wayne. :)

Ha! Nice job on everything so far. I'm a little stunned at seeing a lady take on Drake himself. I've only seen the women doing Chloe and Elena. :)

What part of Indiana are you from? :cool I'm in Fort Wayne. :)

Haha, thanks! About half of my costumes are crossplays; I tend to pick the characters I'm most interested in, rather than the ones I resemble. I've done characters who are women, men, children, non-gendered supernatural beings, aliens, chunks of rock, and hybrids of several of the above. ^_^

I'm in Indianapolis. And spending the rest of this week at Gen Con! :D

Ha! "Crossplays"......That's a term I haven't heard used before. :D That's awesome though. I doubt I'd EVER try to cosplay any female characters though. I'd be one ugly women. LOL

I've been down to Indy quite a few times. Haven't gotten to see a Colts game yet though and I haven't ever been to any cons.

Can't wait to see more of your Drake stuff. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back