The Avengers Initiative continues - CAPTAIN AMERICA WIP.

Hermes

Sr Member
As you guys may be aware, I´m on a quest to make the full Avengers team ( minus the Hulk, I guess....) to the Premiere of the Avengers here.

That being said (and resaid in other threads), I would like to show you the work I´ve done today, the first day I´ve done any work at all on Captain America.

First I`ve made his stripes - here´s my friend who´ll wear the suit with them on -

2012-03-23%252018.31.34.jpg

They took me a couple of hours, for this afternoon was rather busy, but then again, I think they turned out OK. If I may be so bold in suggesting, I think you guys might benefit from looking at it full-size here - https://picasaweb.google.com/104388...hkey=Gv1sRgCMCKxvG94932Tw#5723355600428226818 . The texture is way more visible full-size.

And so I started fixing my work place and I thought, heck, I may just make something else since I am here. So I went to the gloves. I didn´t make the gauntlets yet, I plan to do that really soon, but only the gloves might be fine to get a feeling as to what I´ve got in store for myself.

Anyway, as soon as I went for reference I notice that the things are insanely detailed, and so I had to draw a line. I may make them as detailed as they actually are, or I may make the deadline, but not both, so after this compromise, I made these -

2012-03-24%252004.01.15.jpg

2012-03-24%252004.01.29.jpg

Which I felt that would yield the result I needed without being too much of a hassle to make. Those took me about two or three episodes of Doctor Who to make, so as you guys imagine, the time just flew by.:)

HA! the Time just flew by!...

er.... it was funny in my head.... sorry, it IS 4:11 AM....

And with these I start another build..... hopefully not to embarass you guys with my presence.... :)

:)

Last edited:
Guys, sorry for the quick update, but I had very little time to work today. I think that I could work, tops, about 3 hours. I had to stay a bit with my daughter, she will be 7 tomorrow *yay*, and then when I started, I had to stop about an hour later to get to a car dealership with my girlfriend, which ate some hours off my working schedule, but I managed, however, to come home after that, watch a movie on Leonardo da Vinci´s life and start watching Cleopatra (with Liz Taylor.... man.... I had NO idea how beautiful that woman was.... but I digres....) and all the while I could make these -

IMG_20120327_023150.jpg

They are all working pouches, with magnetic closures. I figured that if there was this metal thingy, why not make it work for something useful?:) The Belt is still open to double-check for the waist-length of my friend who´ll wear it, only then I´ll close it in the correct manner.

More updates on any of the Avengers Initiative Projects tomorrow, lads and lassies :) Tomorrow I am quite sure it´ll be a day for Hawkeye :)

I am glad you liked them, but even if they look nice, they are, as you will be able to see in these pictures, WAY too big, so I am going to destroy them tomorrow to make other pair. As for the pouches, they are wrong too - Wrong shade of blue, so I am going to cover them with the right material OR I will make them all over again, that´s something that remains to be determined at the moment.

I did, however, have some nice progress, nonetheless. I hope you like seeing these pictures :)

2012-03-30%252020.23.37.jpg

2012-03-30%252020.23.53.jpg

More news later :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back