Another Star Ship

Fantastic modeling skills. When it's lit up and on the black screen it looks very much alive and functioning. splendid. Thanks for being so detailed in your posting

It is my humble opinion that work this fantastic needs to be shot by a pro-photographer! You really need to show this off mate, it is STUNNING!

Fantastic modeling skills. When it's lit up and on the black screen it looks very much alive and functioning. splendid. Thanks for being so detailed in your posting

It is my humble opinion that work this fantastic needs to be shot by a pro-photographer! You really need to show this off mate, it is STUNNING!

I made it! I am honered to be a crew member, even though I just mop the decks and bring people coffee!

Wow, Thank you very much for your kind comment for my previous build.
I m so surprised and glad to now that this model is still have these pleasant comment from time to time.

TXarmory-san ,
Thanks for your close looking at my model.

Sandbagger-san,
During the build, some of my good friends had generated some very artificial images of the starship in the starfield. May be you saw them already but they are fantastic. My treasure now.

vixr-san !

No way!
The honorable crew means you got the large guest room with full meal at the restaurants.
All youhave to do is just to get the sun tan at the beach. I serve you a shot of cocktail.

All the best,
katsu

Oh my word!
I said about your planet explorer that you were a genius in the vein of Da Vinci but this build has left me totally and utterly speechless. After all my years as a Modeller I have never seen anything so staggering in its depth and detail, not to mention you taking us all with you on your journey and sharing all is F your help wonderful techniques on the way.
I feel completely unworthy to comment on it as everyone has already said everything I could wish to say!
Truly inspirational stuff from start to finish, you are a true master of the hobby!
Cheers
Jon

Oh my word!
I said about your planet explorer that you were a genius in the vein of Da Vinci but this build has left me totally and utterly speechless. After all my years as a Modeller I have never seen anything so staggering in its depth and detail, not to mention you taking us all with you on your journey and sharing all is F your help wonderful techniques on the way.
I feel completely unworthy to comment on it as everyone has already said everything I could wish to say!
Truly inspirational stuff from start to finish, you are a true master of the hobby!
Cheers
Jon

Be sure to check out his other two builds - Tempest and the H&K fighter. Every model he's shown us has been incredible.

Thanks for looking, Jon-san.
And Tom-san, you are my all time best friend and supporter.

Once, I was enjoying kit models.
Then I had quitted kit building more than 25 years ago.
At that time the model kit was getting very expensive for me. You know, married, wife and kids.
After long blank time, I suddenly started the original scratch build model 'Tempest' in Spring of 2009.

This 'another star ship' model was finished up in May 2013.
So far I had finished 4 models. (4 models in 6 years is not efficient production rate.:()
And it is very true that if I hadn't had many support of my friends here,
I would never completed any one of those models.

katsu

The quality is outstanding. My grandfather used to say quality takes time. You work at your own pace and that is fine with us as many of us here like the result.
you do beautiful work on your models. It must come from your heart.

Perhaps not, but I think I can safely speak for the rest of the forum members when I say that the quality more than makes up for the lack of quantity!

The quality is outstanding. My grandfather used to say quality takes time. You work at your own pace and that is fine with us as many of us here like the result.
you do beautiful work on your models. It must come from your heart.

Thanks for the kind words, both of you!

Only just read through this build and I'm glad I did, absolutely amazing , when I got to your shots of your workshop ( nice btw) my jaw dropped when I saw your model was the width of the back of your chair .........as we'd say here GOBSMACKED ..........
One question if you can remember , you used what looks like metal material to fill in detail early on in the build, was this zinc sheets cut up? See the picture , I had an idea for a diorama and this might do the trick, thank you
image.jpeg

There is certainly a lot of praise being thrown about around here but I think it's justified. So many of you, whether it's a scratch build or a kit, are talented to a quite high degree. Katsu-san, while your build maybe a "model" it is - obviously - a labor of love on your part and appreciated by most everyone here. I would venture to say that it is your brand (if not OUR brand) of art. I enjoy just sitting here and looking at all of the threads. In fact I believe THERPF should just take a collective pat on the back. This is a great place for us to exchange ideas and enjoy the fruits of one another's labor.

You all are really amazing. I was so happy with myself last night for "manufacturing two tiny plastic frame pieces to complete the cockpit look for my project, Falcon1, an MPC ROTJ Falcon model kit (found here). I genuinely was grinning and felt satisfied and I realized THAT is how all of you must feel when you complete one of your masterworks. I found myself rummaging around thru "junk" at work today looking for stuff to bash into my Katsuhiko Ship project. I found an old oddly shaped PC speaker, a vacuum cleaner pipe, and a small wire basket and went thru the mental exercise of fitting them together in various ways. I have a bid in on no less than 11 1/72 scale tanks, airplanes, and jeeps with the idea of bashing the crap out of them into who knows what. THAT is inspiration - provided by all of you!

Anyway, I am done prattling on! =D

Lee

Only just read through this build and I'm glad I did, absolutely amazing , when I got to your shots of your workshop ( nice btw) my jaw dropped when I saw your model was the width of the back of your chair .........as we'd say here GOBSMACKED ..........
One question if you can remember , you used what looks like metal material to fill in detail early on in the build, was this zinc sheets cut up? See the picture , I had an idea for a diorama and this might do the trick, thank you
View attachment 576950

Wow....
Thank you very much for looking all through this long thread. VFhero-san.

OK, I remember that metallic parts.
Please check AMAZON (or some other net shop) with a words 'metallic nano puzzle' I guess it's made in USA.
That was a etching parts of toy empire state building (Also, steam ship and train was available) I found in a local toy shop.
It is made of laser etched stainless steel parts. It's very strong.(Maybe you'll feel a little difficult when you cut it up)
I think it's rather cheap. I bought it with $5 or $6 /set. I often use this toy parts.
You can find it on the floor of the cargo bay of my Planet Explorer.

There is certainly a lot of praise being thrown about around here but I think it's justified. So many of you, whether it's a scratch build or a kit, are talented to a quite high degree. Katsu-san, while your build maybe a "model" it is - obviously - a labor of love on your part and appreciated by most everyone here. I would venture to say that it is your brand (if not OUR brand) of art. I enjoy just sitting here and looking at all of the threads. In fact I believe THERPF should just take a collective pat on the back. This is a great place for us to exchange ideas and enjoy the fruits of one another's labor.

You all are really amazing. I was so happy with myself last night for "manufacturing two tiny plastic frame pieces to complete the cockpit look for my project, Falcon1, an MPC ROTJ Falcon model kit (found here). I genuinely was grinning and felt satisfied and I realized THAT is how all of you must feel when you complete one of your masterworks. I found myself rummaging around thru "junk" at work today looking for stuff to bash into my Katsuhiko Ship project. I found an old oddly shaped PC speaker, a vacuum cleaner pipe, and a small wire basket and went thru the mental exercise of fitting them together in various ways. I have a bid in on no less than 11 1/72 scale tanks, airplanes, and jeeps with the idea of bashing the crap out of them into who knows what. THAT is inspiration - provided by all of you!

Anyway, I am done prattling on! =D

Lee

Thank you very much for your kind comment. It's really incentive for me after the tough build like this for sure.
I'm really enjoying your FALCON project and looking forward to your new scratch build project.
Hope you'll find many good looking parts around you. Also, check your local dollar shop or DIY shop.
Good hunting!

katsu

Wow....
Thank you very much for looking all through this long thread. VFhero-san.

OK, I remember that metallic parts.
Please check AMAZON (or some other net shop) with a words 'metallic nano puzzle' I guess it's made in USA.
That was a etching parts of toy empire state building (Also, steam ship and train was available) I found in a local toy shop.
It is made of laser etched stainless steel parts. It's very strong.(Maybe you'll feel a little difficult when you cut it up)
I think it's rather cheap. I bought it with $5 or $6 /set. I often use this toy parts.
You can find it on the floor of the cargo bay of my Planet explorer

katsu
you are welcome Katsu-San ,
thank you for the quick response , I forgot how small a scale you are working LOL , it would cost me a small fortune to use these for what I was thinking , they are very expensive here for those kits , I may see if there are cheaper varieties available , for what I was thinking I would need too many of them , I'll keep looking .
The plus side is that I have overlooked these as a source of detailing some of my projects , thank you for opening my eyes .
Brian

Katsu-San
excuse me for adding these images here, but I thought that all of your fans would appreciate it and I thought you might get a kick out of it , might give you ideas with bigger scales ( and rest your eyes )
if you don't want them here let me know and I'll delete , I didn't know where else to put them to grab macro model admirers attention
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I've been following the Planet Explorer (subscribed) for a few months now. From the Titan to the Explorer, WOW, your work is simply outstanding, stunning, beautiful, inspiring, educational, entertaining and WOW, just WOW.

Simply stunning fantastic work. Thank you for sharing.

When the world finally gets around to making real starships, I propose we hire you as one of the heads of the design teams. I've spent all day going through your threads. So much beautiful work and craftsmanship, Sublime work and I've learnt so much from your posts. WOW

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back