That is Fantastic Katsu!

Thank you, Ray-san !

Here are some more.

KC460288.jpg

KC460289.jpg

KC460290.jpg

9Thanks for looking.

katsu

You've never posted a boring picture on this forum. What's your source for the plastic grid pieces?

Thank you very much, I'm glad to hear that. Tom the SmilingOtter-san!

I bought it at the 100yen shop (Dollar shop). These are used to put in a bottom of flower pot. There are several sizes and types of mesh. You can use super glue after sanding the surface a bit.
I was going to build this wall by a small panels with pre-detailed and fibers on. So I needed something to be a basic structure can be attached those panels with fiber easier.

Amazing Katsu, you have great vision!

Thank you very much, Carlos-san !

katsu

Last edited:
Continue to detailing the trench.

I wondered if it might look good or bad but I needed a boxy structure so I tried to use very tiny LEGO block I bought on the other day.

I wanted to make a panel line for this.
So I stacked up the LOGOs once and scribed panel line for each surface randomly.

KC460291.jpg

Then I broke the stack down and mixed up those bits a little. And then stacked them again So that the random panel lines revealed on the surface.

KC460292.jpg

Added some pipelines and optic fibers.

KC460293.jpg

KC460294.jpg

KC460295.jpg

KC460296.jpg

KC460297.jpg

KC460298.jpg

Add a few more details and bits will be fine.
Hope you're not laugh it up !
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking.
katsu

Last edited:
The best part about what you've put up recently is that what you're doing is very simple, yet you've put enough thought into it to make it look really, really outstanding. I love the lego idea! Mixing it up makes it look so good.

On another note, where did you get your "pipeline" pieces? Or did you make those as well?

The best part about what you've put up recently is that what you're doing is very simple, yet you've put enough thought into it to make it look really, really outstanding. I love the lego idea! Mixing it up makes it look so good.

On another note, where did you get your "pipeline" pieces? Or did you make those as well?

Thanks for looking Dart-san.

I made those pipeline with a very small lath of Proxxon I bought for $100 recentry. It is a little bit better than power drill and Exacto knife I used to use for this. The material is a parts tree.
I've let my daughters make some of those. They think it's fun to do.:lol

Katsu

Katsu-San,

Your creativity is amazing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing these ideas with us. You have even build your own tool to cut the fiber optics. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.

Katsu-San,

Your creativity is amazing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing these ideas with us. You have even build your own tool to cut the fiber optics. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.

Thank you very much, Randy-san.

Thanks for the comment and I'm happy if my ideas helps your further build a bit !!

OK, some progress here.

KC460302.jpg

KC460299.jpg

KC460300.jpg

KC460301.jpg

KC460303.jpg

KC460304.jpg

KC460305.jpg

KC460306.jpg

KC460307.jpg

KC460308.jpg

KC460309.jpg

KC460310.jpg

I'm gonna add more fibers here.

Thanks for looking !

Wow, the level of detail and effort you put into this is absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

If what you have shown is just a little bit of progress, I can't imagine what a lot of progress would be !!!

Most impressive is all I can say.

Wow. Unbelievable.

Katsu-San, you have the most amazing scratchbuilding skills, and make it look so easy!

I like the most recent photos, looks like a combination of an aircraft carrier island and an oil refinery...

Been randomly watching this thread, now I've subscribed to it :thumbsup

If what you have shown is just a little bit of progress, I can't imagine what a lot of progress would be !!!

Most impressive is all I can say.

Thank you very much, Noumcea-san.

Your a Wild man Katsu. thats some crazy building there.

Thank you, Al-san.
I want to be a crazy enough to tackle something like studio scale Betty.:behave

Wow. Unbelievable.

Katsu-San, you have the most amazing scratchbuilding skills, and make it look so easy!

I like the most recent photos, looks like a combination of an aircraft carrier island and an oil refinery...

Been randomly watching this thread, now I've subscribed to it :thumbsup

>>looks like a combination of an aircraft carrier island and an oil refinery...

Oh ! That's what I intended to make it look like.
Thank you very much gunnerk-san !!

katsu

The results of the few progress.

I tried to make a office buildings like GM tower in Detroit. LoL

KC460328.jpg

Put the primer and gun gray paint on the clear acrylic rods.

KC460329.jpg

Cut it.

KC460330.jpg

And scribed some lines like this.

KC460331.jpg

Make a base with a clear acrylic plate and sheet plastic with drilled holes.

KC460332.jpg

Planting a bunch of optical fibers

KC460337.jpg

KC460333.jpg

KC460334.jpg

KC460335.jpg

KC460336.jpg

A few more touch up and it should be OK.

Thanks for looking.

Katsu-san,

That new piece looks great! Looks like a power core or something. I like the idea of painting and then scribing the rods like you've done. Very cool!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back