Another Star Ship

Excellent Again Katsu. If you keep this up Hollywood is going to be calling you, begging to let them 3d model your ship :D

Naaaa:$ but thank you very much.

For me, the special effect crew of the hollywood movie is the top of the world. They always do their best for the movie even if it's rather boring film.
I always watch their work with adore and respect. Because they're always developping something new.

No, I never lived there unfortunately but had the best 2 weeks of my life in Shinjuku/other areas. Me and the wife want to move over there.

I see, Shinjuku is one of the most ah... chaotic city here in Japan.
Mishmash of decadent and irritation, tenderness and vigor, obscene with the state of art technology. Thrill in secure, I don't know anything like that city.

I remember the summer of 1983. I had watched the movie 'Blade Runner' in Shinjyuku at night. It was a rainy day. When the movie was over and I walked down to the street. There was a world of Blade Runner there.

I think you had a quite experience anyway.:cool

Last edited:
I'm jealous of your real world Blade Runner. :lol

Every time I got to the fast food Chinese restaurant, I think of the 'noodle bar' scenes in Blade Runner.

"No - two, two, four. And noodles."

-MJ

Ah...... It's beautiful.

This is really a sign of our friendship.

I really want you to know.
Though we had a sad history for several decades ago, but
Almost all the japanese people love and adore America.
It's the one of a very few country that we can trust and rely.
This is true but which most of the Japanese news paper and the TV talk show don't want to tell.

Ohhh! I remember that! I read about it in a SW novelized book long time ago.
Yeah, the Japanese translated subtitle in the film is surely different.:lol

Thanks Tom-san!

Hi! katsu-san!
Konbanwa!
Long time no see!:)

Wow! You made it!
I think long patience and various techniques seem to be necessary to construct this kind of big ship.
You have both talent. congrats.

BTW, "womp rat" in Japanese is "bake-nezumi"  化け鼠 lol
MASAHIRO NODA who translated SW novel in japanese in 1978 translated "womp rat" into "bake-nezumi.
IMO, "bake-nezumi" means "obake-nezumi".
"obake-nezumi" means big rat like ghost.

I'm looking forward to your progress!:thumbsup

Thank you, Katsu-san.

I don't feel like I'm qualified to speak on behalf of all Americans, but I will anyway.

Certainly we have a better relationship now than we did in the past. Even as recently as back in the 80's it was pretty paranoid and antagonistic. Now, I think Americans are more worried about the Chinese and the North Koreans.

-Mike J.

Wow wow wow! Atom-san This is the pleasant surprise!
How have you been!!
I was so worring about you !

Thanks to the positive comment to my present build.
I didn't think but it surely took a year by now.

Hey, you shoud have in touch with us at least once in a month!!

So, how is going with your model build?

Last edited:
Thank you, Katsu-san.

I don't feel like I'm qualified to speak on behalf of all Americans, but I will anyway.

Certainly we have a better relationship now than we did in the past. Even as recently as back in the 80's it was pretty paranoid and antagonistic. Now, I think Americans are more worried about the Chinese and the North Koreans.

-Mike J.

Yes, I understand.
I know the people in China and North Korea have the same problem.
They haven't got the accurate information about the situation of the present world. I'm really afraid of it.

Wow wow wow! This is the pleasant surprise!
How have you been!!
I was so worried about you !

Thanks to the positive comment to my present build.
I didn't think but it surely took a year by now.

Hey, you shoud have in touch with us at least once in a month!!

So, how is going with your model build?

Katsu-san! OH! You worried about me!
I am sorry!:facepalm

Building SS X-WING is stop now.
I lose concentration to build SS model, so I finished one small model kit in order to change the pace.

Please watch!:thumbsup

http://www.therpf.com/f11/aerial-fighter-appearing-japanese-tv-animation-182266/

OK before we go on our little hiatus I found one more way to express my awe at this build as I have used all the words I know.

patrickawe.jpg

I was there during golden week in '09, never seen anywhere so busy as Asakusa(I think it was, can't remember):

View attachment 156561

It was packed solid all the way to the building and lined with vendors selling mostly sweet foods :)

There was also a park in Shinjuku that was fantastic. Nice gardens, clean and very peaceful. You couldn't see much of the city from the park, I took this pic to remind me of how peaceful it was :) :

View attachment 156562

Also Katsu-san, if you need anything laser cutting for your ship, let me know :)

I was there during golden week in '09, never seen anywhere so busy as Asakusa(I think it was, can't remember):

View attachment 156561

It was packed solid all the way to the building and lined with vendors selling mostly sweet foods :)

There was also a park in Shinjuku that was fantastic. Nice gardens, clean and very peaceful. You couldn't see much of the city from the park, I took this pic to remind me of how peaceful it was :) :

View attachment 156562

Also Katsu-san, if you need anything laser cutting for your ship, let me know :)

My sister is living in Asakusa.

So, you had been spending a nice time then.
And thank you for your kind offer of the laser cutting. I'll be much appreciated!!:love
Hoping you come again here soon!

All the best!
katsu

Naaaa:$ but thank you very much.

For me, the special effect crew of the hollywood movie is the top of the world. They always do their best for the movie even if it's rather boring film.
I always watch their work with adore and respect. Because they're always developping something new.

I see, Shinjuku is one of the most ah... chaotic city here in Japan.
Mishmash of decadent and irritation, tenderness and vigor, obscene with the state of art technology. Thrill in secure, I don't know anything like that city.

I remember the summer of 1983. I had watched the movie 'Blade Runner' in Shinjyuku at night. It was a rainy day. When the movie was over and I walked down to the street. There was a world of Blade Runner there.

I think you had a quite experience anyway.:cool

You forgot Shinjuku also has a Karas :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back