KC460265.jpg

KC460266.jpg

KC460267.jpg

KC460268.jpg

KC460269.jpg

KC460270.jpg

KC460271.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Seriously sir, this is unreal. The talent, technique, and the results are amazing. I just can't find betters words. Very inspirational!!!!!!

"Remarkable" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Also - any more sculptures from your daughter?

Thanks for looking at my work always. As you see I'm struggling every part of the build but your kind words encourage me every time. You're giving me a power.

And thanks for remembering my daughter.
She is kneading for some weird thing while her homework of college.
She said it's something appears in her nightmare sometimes. :confused
She will post sometime soon.

All the best,

Seriously sir, this is unreal. The talent, technique, and the results are amazing. I just can't find betters words. Very inspirational!!!!!!

Thank you very much for your comment !!

Katsuhiko

Jaw droppingly wonderful!

I think there's going to be a global shortage of fibre optics by the time you finish this!!!!

fantastic!

Rich

I love the detail in the landing bay you've made. Really gives it an immense amount of depth. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

That landing bay Katsu looks fantastic!

Thanks Ray-san. I couldn't see it's good or bad while I was building.
Too tiny.:lol

Jaw droppingly wonderful!

I think there's going to be a global shortage of fibre optics by the time you finish this!!!!

fantastic!

Rich

Thank you very much, Rich-san.

I bought a 4 reels of 440 yards long 0.25 FO. (Roughly, I already used 55 yards). If you need some, call me over phone !! At the friend courtesy rate :lol
Thanks always !

I love the detail in the landing bay you've made. Really gives it an immense amount of depth. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Thank you very much for your comment. I had a hard time to build that because it's too small for my weak eyes and clumsy hands.
But I'm so glad you like it.
All the best

katsu

You could add a little star trek shuttle in that tiny landing bay :)

Oh ! Well then I need a medical manipulator and a micro scope.:lol
Thanks for looking my friend.

Beautiful progress!

Thanking you always, Carlos-san !!

:confusedalright man, this may come across as a dumb question, but how do you paint this beauty with all the optics in place? Wouldn't the paint be a problem at that point? Kind of a lame question, but i had to ask

Katsu-san or someone else will likely have better information, but I believe you leave the fiber optics a little long, then after the painting's done, you cut them flush with the model.

:confusedalright man, this may come across as a dumb question, but how do you paint this beauty with all the optics in place? Wouldn't the paint be a problem at that point? Kind of a lame question, but i had to ask

Thanks for asking and it's nothing dumb question.
All those fibers planted on the detail were slightly left long sticking out of the surface. When I finish the paint job, I clip all those fibers.
For some places I will use the tool I made.

When I build the last model I made this tool to clip the fibers deep in the details.

KC460285.jpg

I made a clipping blade to the tip of a very thin pliers with a grinder.
This is very handy.:lol

KC460286.jpg

May be I will make another extra tool for the certain places.

Katsu-san or someone else will likely have better information, but I believe you leave the fiber optics a little long, then after the painting's done, you cut them flush with the model.

Oh ! Yes, I do, SmilingOtter-san. That's what I used to do.

Now, before finish the tower, I started to build the aft trench.
Here's a rather boring pics of making the side wall of the trench.

KC460272.jpg

KC460273.jpg

KC460274.jpg

KC460275.jpg

KC460276.jpg

KC460277.jpg

KC460278.jpg

KC460279.jpg

I paint some dots of orange and red on the lens of LED flash light which I usually use for test lighting. Now I got the feeling of coloring of the optic fiber.

KC460280.jpg

KC460281.jpg

KC460282.jpg

KC460283.jpg

KC460284.jpg

Thanks for looking.

katsu

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back