Cthulhu Idol Build

Just reread this thread for about the 10th time. Every time I do I get the same sense of excitement and anticipation.

Any news on the next run Nick?

I still want a raw cast. I want to paint this piece so bad. I think I have said, but this is by far my favorite depiction of Cthulhu.

WoW! Please add me to the list for a second run - there are a lot of Cthulhu idols out there, but yours is absolutely the best, Nick. Any update?

Nick,

Okay, I just read through the entire thread (unlike last night where I checked out the beginning and end highlights) and am really floored. I love the thought process and attention to detail you went through in creating the statue, and that you used Lovecraft's sketches as a starting point. But I didn't realize all the extras you created as well. They are just amazing and so professionally done, especially the book/booklet: that's an entire project just by itself.

I can see why a second run is such a challenge as there's a LOT that goes into creating just ONE ready-to-ship statue-set. So, as stated above I'm definitely interested, be it in just a resin cast of the statue or the "full treatment" set. If you do "just a statue" kit, is there anyway to get the book/booklet as well (signed by you, of course)? I love that you illustrated it, and would like to see all your takes on the environs and subjects of the Cthulhu story while actually reading it. When I read his work, I have a pretty visual idea of what things look like... but it's just my take. So it's nice to see others' takes which sometimes reveal things I missed or didn't consider. And, again, the quality of your vision is so well-thought out and "complete" it just leaves me rather stunned and in awe.

Whatever you decide to do, Nick, you really created something special here, that no one can ever take away from you. It's something to be quite proud of. I wish I had your skill AND drive. So admirable and appreciated.

Regards,
Chris

Is there anyone from around London who owns one of these Idols? My band is going to make a Lovecraft-based music video and would be awesome to feature shots of this great Cthulhu idol in it (if Nick agrees of course).

So is this done with forever, Nick? I'm still very interested in ANY of the products you've created for this. Please give an update. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back