Cthulhu Idol Build

This is a really neat project. I became a Lovecraft fan some years ago by way of Mignola's Hellboy. I like your interpretation of the beast and dig your drawing style. Thanks for sharing your process...it's quite inspiring. Definitely one of my favorite build threads.

Thanks!

Hellboy was my entry point into Lovecraft way back in the day too. All of Mignola's interviews would quickly talk about Lovecraft and Robert Howard as his big influences so I tracked down those stories. I love following the trails of influence in things. Art influencing art over time is just overwhelmingly cool.

Just read the whole thread and I am nearly speechless with admiration! Many of us settle for building a kit or following a build. A talented few make a sculpture of a beloved character or scratch-build a one-off prop replica. This work enters the rarified atmosphere at the very top and may actually occupy the pinnacle itself: original design, sculpture, heiroglyphs, mold, base and plate, castings, finishes, packaging, bonuses! Each step carefully researched, planned, executed and documented so as to inspire, educate, and, yes, entice your forum-mates!

This thread should be required reading for everyone here and for everyone hoping to make a commercial venture of their art.

I am in awe! (and I want one on my desk!)

OK, just so I'm clear on the concept; Cthulhu was the name of the evil pirate from PotC II?

img-thing

Hehe,could you imagine a Disney Cthulhu Mythos themed ride?! I would be on that thing all day long,even if it drove me to madness.

This is fantastic, having gone throughout the whole thread, it's been an interesting read and you are one talented man! If its not too late, I'd like to be put on the list for one.

you along with everyone else :lol

as far as i know, there is no list, just a rabbid bunch of people chomping at the bit to buy one of these things.

When I stumbled across this thread last year, I used to check it feverishly, several times a day, both to see if anything new and cool had been presented to check out, but also to make sure that I know when it is time to pull the trigger because I definitely do not want to get left out (and weep bitter tears for life, haha!).

Then my work situation got pretty rough and I started checking with dread because if the run happened I was definitely going to miss out (see above re: bitter tears).

Ah, but now the work gods have dropped good things in my lap and I check for fun again.

You take your time, Mr Daring. Always looking forward to whatever comes next.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back