Cthulhu Idol Build

Best Cthulhu idol I have ever seen. And that's before the extras come in. Those illustrations are amazing.

I've been champing at the bit for this thing for months now. Seriously, I am so there. Gorgeous, gorgeous work.

My paypal has a fever and the only prescription for it is Cthulhu..lol great build awesome detail and extras cant wait to get one awesome job sir

Another great thing about soapstone is that because it's so 'soft' it can break. This sounds like a bad thing but that mean your screw up are easy to fix and even large breaks or big holes are easy to repair with clear epoxy mixed with stone dust.

Yes, I was thinking of doing small things or compact, as the figurine that you have attached, or masks, or heads, rather than forms with slender and elongated protuberances. All things can break, but, as you say, not all can be repaired easily and well. :)

Wow, life has kept me off the computer for about a week. What an amazing set of updates.

Nick, outstanding work on your layout and illustrations for the story itself. Yet again, you've followed your vision through well beyond just some cool ideas or a fantastic illustration or two, and delivered a fully-realized set of pages in the style of the time from which the story hails.

Seriously. Holy crap, man. My hat is off to you, and I may need to pop off the top of my skull, as well, to pay proper homage.

Alright ladies and gents, the Junkyard thread is officially up!

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links, thanks.

12517621133_b06aecc013_b.jpg

12517529735_a402f34605_b.jpg

12517988554_79024a38c7_c.jpg

12517614563_d7f9e6725f_c.jpg

12517473635_261b84519d_c.jpg

12517514975_922e26222e_c.jpg

The height comes to 7.5 Inches as per the story description.

The statue is a solid block of resin weighing just over 2.5 lbs.

Nick has kept it classy from the beginning, "Many have been made before but this one will be mine..." That is as nice an introduction to a build thread as I've read. Bravo!

Just when I thought I might be getting tired of this project your enthusiasm has got the adrenaline flowing again! Thanks for all the compliments. They are appreciated.

Christmas will come early this year, thanks to you Nick! Incredible work, by far the best idol. I really hope I'll be able to get one!

Hi i nick i was wondering did you make the boxes by hand or design them and send them to a company to be produced?if so what company thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back