Cthulhu Idol Build

Your passion is very beautiful and you are very good at it. Also I like the ancient figurines, made ​​with those special stones (labradorite, etc..). Daggers, swords, helmets, heads, etc ... You put me the desire to do something using the ancient stones, but I have to equip myself with chisels. increase the noise in my apartment. :)

Gaaaa! How did I miss this update?! I suppose it was only fitting I see it on Propnomicon first, hehe.

That's an amazing job on the illustrations (I wouldn't mind buying one of the originals:devil) That inspires me to pull out the paper & pencils once again!

I think I'll be looking for someone who can bind the pages into a small leather book :ninja.

Your passion is very beautiful and you are very good at it. Also I like the ancient figurines, made ​​with those special stones (labradorite, etc..). Daggers, swords, helmets, heads, etc ... You put me the desire to do something using the ancient stones, but I have to equip myself with chisels. increase the noise in my apartment. :)

Just starting out I would suggest working in soapstone. It can easily be worked with hand tools and is very inexpensive.

byakkofield%u00252Bsoapstone%u00252Bcthulhu%u00252Bidol.jpg

This is a very useful tip! Thank you very much. ;)

Another great thing about soapstone is that because it's so 'soft' it can break. This sounds like a bad thing but that mean your screw up are easy to fix and even large breaks or big holes are easy to repair with clear epoxy mixed with stone dust.

I swear I'm not screwing with you guys. I'm doing my final photoshoot today!

Details soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Since I've spent so much time trying to replicate a stone finish I too am getting interested in carving a real stone statue in the future. ANother skill to learn one day I suppose. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back