Jason Bourne's Passports

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished this passport replica. I changed a few minor thing from the US passport to cover my backside legally, but other than that it's a fairly good copy of the current US passport. I didn't have a chance to check the one seen in the film (I remember him having several passports, but looking at his US one), so this is more of a test run in any case. I did a little novel/film cross-over by putting in a lot more Oriental stamps as this is where "Cain" was making his name known as an assassin. So... here are the pics:

pp-bournepass-1.jpg

pp-bournepass-2.jpg

pp-bournepass-3.jpg

pp-bournepass-4.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

P.S. If anyone could get me some screen grabs of the passport shown in the film as well as Bourne's signature (I think they show it in the Zurich bank scene), I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
<div class='quotetop'>(SiR-ROUND @ Oct 11 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]1336283[/snapback]</div>
Which Bourne film? I should have both in HD lying around somewhere...
[/b]

He needs the first film.

And that is a nice passport you made there Magnoli. :)

Thanks. Yes, Bourne Identity... here is a shot of the passport, which I believe they may show closer:

wk-vid-bourne.jpg

I was also thinking of doing a British one with the Washburn name (does he use that alias in the film, or only the books?). Hmmm...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Hey guys,

Just doing a bit of forum searching for "The Bourne Identity" before I posted a new thread and thought Indy's existing topic would fit nicely.

I'm interested in gathering up as many of the items as possible stored in Jason Bourne's bank box/safety deposit box hidden compartment. Looking around, I managed to find a few of the following screencaps:
(this may help Indy a bit with his previous question from last year)

the-bourne-identity-box-content-second-layer.jpg

the-bourne-identity-box-content-medicine-control-card.jpg

the-bourne-identity-box-content-watch.jpg

the-bourne-identity-secret-compartment.jpg

the-bourne-identity-box-content-passports.jpg

the-bourne-identity-passport-american.jpg

the-bourne-identity-passport-russian.jpg

the-bourne-identity-passport-brasilian.jpg

I've always thought this would be a neat prop "display" to piece together (while keeping all items legal) and wondered if any of you have any tips or suggestions for recreating such a setup . Several of the items, like the currency would be relatively easy paper props, but replicating the CC's, passports and finding a similar type of bank box are definitely beyond my skills. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chief Bast @ Mar 18 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]1443034[/snapback]</div>
Hey guys,

Just doing a bit of forum searching for "The Bourne Identity" before I posted a new thread and thought Indy's existing topic would fit nicely.

I'm interested in gathering up as many of the items as possible stored in Jason Bourne's bank box/safety deposit box hidden compartment. Looking around, I managed to find a few of the following screencaps:
(this may help Indy a bit with his previous question from last year)

the-bourne-identity-box-content-second-layer.jpg

the-bourne-identity-box-content-medicine-control-card.jpg

the-bourne-identity-box-content-watch.jpg

the-bourne-identity-secret-compartment.jpg

the-bourne-identity-box-content-passports.jpg

the-bourne-identity-passport-american.jpg

the-bourne-identity-passport-russian.jpg

the-bourne-identity-passport-brasilian.jpg

I've always thought this would be a neat prop "display" to piece together (while keeping all items legal) and wondered if any of you have any tips or suggestions for recreating such a setup . Several of the items, like the currency would be relatively easy paper props, but replicating the CC's, passports and finding a similar type of bank box are definitely beyond my skills. B)
[/b]

I could probably handle knocking out the credit cards.

~ Don D'Ablo :angry

Nice lookin prop Indy. :thumbsup

Forgive me for this brief hijack, but here is some info I was working on at one time.

The handgun is a SIG Sauer 2340 I think. There used to be some Airsoft replicas out there. I do not know if they still make them. It has been a while since I have done any searching. I was looking at replicating the bank box and its contents at one time as well but had to abandon the project.

I did some research on the red bank bag as well. The screenplay describes it as a red canvas burn bag I think. When I did searches of burn bags I could only find paper burn bags. The only thing I could find resembling the red bank bag was a red mail bag.

The bag also has the name Brennan in big white letters on the inside of the opening. I thought this may be a manufacturer or a city name, maybe even a document destruction company. I did not get anywhere with this.

Hope this can help.

Thanks for the information, Nicht Storen. I thought his gun looked like a Sig model of some sort. Your post definitely gives me some new directions on what to look for. :thumbsup

Those screen grabs are great. I'll actually be finishing my Russian Bourne passport this week. Instead of going for perfect screen accuracy, I opted for historic accuracy instead. There are several mistakes on his Russian passport, which I corrected to make it more realistic. I'll post some photos of the completed replica later in the week...

Kind regards,
Indy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Indy Magnoli @ Mar 19 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1443506[/snapback]</div>
Those screen grabs are great. I'll actually be finishing my Russian Bourne passport this week. Instead of going for perfect screen accuracy, I opted for historic accuracy instead. There are several mistakes on his Russian passport, which I corrected to make it more realistic. I'll post some photos of the completed replica later in the week...

Kind regards,
Indy
[/b]

Great Indy, I look forward to seeing the end results.

I forgot to add that on the site I found the screencaps, there was a relatively good description of many of the items within the bank box, as well as additional information on the passports:

"Bourne's bank box does have a regular bank box size though. Bourne opens it and finds his American passport, his French Carte de Résident and Carte de médecine du travail, a French driving license, a couple pocket knives, a banknote clip, a few intriguing pens, an Air France airmiles pass, a Swiss watch, a USB key and no less than seven credit cards. He sees that the box has a hidden compartment under the false bottom. There, he finds a large amount of cash in French francs, US dollars, Italian liras and German marks. On top is a black SIG SP2022 semi-automatic handgun, a Swiss-made weapon used by both police forces and mafias worldwide. An appropriate choice for a spy."

" A number of Brazilian, French, Russian and other passports all with his pictures but different identities, Nicolas Lemanissier, Paul Kat, John Michael Kane, Foma Kiniaev and other we cannot see. The Russian passport does not withstand close inspection, the Cyrillic script is nonsense and does not correspond to the Roman script name. But the passports look good otherwise.

This bank scene is much sexier than in the original Bourne Identity, thanks to the intriguing spy paraphernalia in the bank box. The box in the original movie only contains a bank statement, whereas here we not only learn Bourne's name and that he has much cash, but also that he certainly is up to no good."

See LINK for more information. This may help if any of you are interested in piecing together a few of these items... :)

Here is my "Foma Kiniaev" passport:

pp-bourneruss1.jpg
pp-bourneruss2.jpg

pp-bourneruss3.jpg
pp-bourneruss4.jpg

This varies slightly from the original prop in that I've corrected a few mistakes on the main info page. The stamp has been moved on top of the photograph and his Russian name has been extended as on authentic Russian passports.

Kind regards,
Indy

Thanks. On a side note... what the heck are those things sticking out of the passports with the bearer's names on them? I thought they were the passports at first, but can clearly see they are like a piece of card made of the same cover stock with the names (and bar code?) foiled onto them. Any ideas???

Kind regards,
Indy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Indy Magnoli @ Mar 22 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1445976[/snapback]</div>
Thanks. On a side note... what the heck are those things sticking out of the passports with the bearer's names on them? I thought they were the passports at first, but can clearly see they are like a piece of card made of the same cover stock with the names (and bar code?) foiled onto them. Any ideas???

Kind regards,
Indy
[/b]

Indy,

I just checked my DVD copy and they seem to be nothing more than simple 1-piece cards with the name(alias) and barcode on top. He actually flips one over, where you see that it's blank, with a white background on the back. Color-wise, the front does seem to match with the corresponding country's passport.

I would assume it's some sort of "smart-card" device, allowing someone to scan the information, thus saving time... (???)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back