Original Hoggle restoration

Re: Original Hoggle costume found in lost luggage

BRAAAAAIIIIIIIINSSS

H_hoggleBEFORE2.jpg

This place is in a smaller town in Alabama. They deal in items left in Baggage. They get a rubber Doll with a bunch of machinery in it. It's in bad shape. Someone's Cousin is a "Doll Guy." He fixes it. He does what he does to Dolls. To a doll it might work, to this it was a disaster.

No real mystery other than how does a Store that sells Salvage, located in a rural town not know about a small, fierce hobby concerned with Prop Collecting? Crazy that, how dare them.

I have an idea that they're tickled with the job he did, because they don't care about the accuracy - they just wanted him fixed to display.

Laffo.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I think Laffo nailed it right on the head. I too live near Unclaimed Baggage Center, and knowing how the ownership runs their store, I'm sure they shopped it out to the lowest bidder, or else someone who worked there "knew a guy" who fixes dolls, and this is just a doll, right? I saw Hoggle on display there before the so-called restoration, and he looked pretty bad, but still better than the "restored" version in my opinion. However, I believe it was to the point where it was falling apart day by day. The owners seem perfectly happy with the restoration and I doubt any campaign to get him re-restored would matter to them one bit. It's very unfortunate but you just have to know their kind. They are wealthy "old South" people, very savvy at business but for the most part uncultured when it comes to things like movie props. They don't know and what's more, they don't care. To them it's just one more thing to put on display in their little museum, along with all the other oddities they've found in baggage over the years.

If anyone is to blame for this fiasco, it is the person or people within the Henson organization who packed this prop away in a piece of luggage, and then never bothered to track it down and claim it when it went missing.

This is the worst thing I have ever seen on this board. I may start drinking again because of this, and the last time I had a drink the Raiders were in the Super Bowl.

Oh, yeah... I see it now... He looks EXACTLY like the picture in the background! :wacko

Idiots...

Soooo, if I broke in and just stole the thing, and tried to get someone to do a proper rebuild, they'd keep it quiet, right? RIGHT? :cool:cool

What a shame, I wouldn't recognize him at all not knowing it should be him. I'd be ashamed to display him with a photo of the real one :-(

What a god-damn shame that restoration was. Many have already said, but know your bloody limits. Hoggle was such a brilliant character, and the sculpting and animatronics to build him were just amazing. To see him turned into this.... thing, is just shameful.

I've only just seen this thread and I have to say that whilst this piece of utter s**t doesn't qualify as anything apart from dodgy rubbish. I have saved the erm... 'restoration' page to my PC as every time I feel down from now on I'll look at it, and once again burst into uncontrollable laughter. I can't say I'm a big Labyrinth fan but you've got to admire the cajones on this dude for not burning it instead of puttin it on display.
Let's face it the end result may be a terrible loss to movie memorabilia, but is without doubt a great addition to the world of comedy.

It's probaley still worth alot as it's still in its screen worn costume, i would buy it just for that then dump the hideous 'mannequin' he had made!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back