Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

chanfan

Sr Member
Hey guys! I'm not really new on this forum but I've never posted anything before so I thought I'd give it a go and show you what I'm working on!

Apparently I was posting in the hacked site previously, so here I go again!

I'm currently building the Terminator Endoskeleton from scratch!
Materials I'm using includes cardboard, wood, papier maché, bondo, whatever I can get my hands on basically! I'm currently using a thai recast endoskull. It's about 10% smaller than the real thing so I'm thinking of modeling one from scratch later on!
Here are some progress pictures leading up to what I have so far:

03.jpg

07.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

25.jpg

28.jpg

After applying some papier maché:
41.jpg

Here's a shot of the over all progress! I resized the head in photoshop to get the right size!
47.jpg

54.jpg

And yeah, this is pretty much how far I have come. I'm working on reinforcing the arms with a wooden frame and I'm building all the joints from wood.
52.jpg

WOW !! You did an amazing job !! A very great start, will follow this thread with attention... Great job, keep the good work !!

Seriously cool. I love your use of mixed mediums.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, necropost Off Topic threads.

I have no experience with paper mache...is this going to be your final surface coat before priming and painting? Can you sand it to get it smooth?

Thanks guys!
Toothboy, I had no prior experience with papier maché either, before this project but it's really great! It's like a powder that you mix with water and you get like a thick bondo like consistency. Once cured it's rock hard and easy to sand smooth! I'll probably apply a thin layer of body filler or something on top of the papier maché just to be able to do some wet sanding before I prime and paint!

Thanks guys!
Toothboy, I had no prior experience with papier maché either, before this project but it's really great! It's like a powder that you mix with water and you get like a thick bondo like consistency. Once cured it's rock hard and easy to sand smooth! I'll probably apply a thin layer of body filler or something on top of the papier maché just to be able to do some wet sanding before I prime and paint!

or you can leave it rough the way it is, paint it dark, and have a T-700

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back