Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

Hey guys :)

First off I want to thank you all for your support and I apologize for my down time!!
It's now my summer vacation and I decided to get back in the saddle and get some things finished with my endobuild.

First off is the skull...
I finished the eyeballs and lighting, it's still missing the lenses but it's on the way. The side panels are also attached.
I'm really excited how it turned out:
347.jpg

348.jpg

350.jpg

349.jpg

The next parts I'll focus on are the hands and the chest and back chassis.
Here are some more progress pics, including my work bench...
353.jpg

354.jpg

355.jpg

356.jpg

357.jpg

Last edited:
Really impressive work @chanfan. This is inspiring, I've always wanted to sculpt one of these busts. What are the approximate dimensions of the skull and is it true to the original, Height x Width x Depth? Thank you!

I found this scale image of the Chinese copy-version of the sideshow bust - can anyone corroborate that this sizing is true to the movie (specifically T2)?

terminator-bust-t800-measurements-dimensions.jpg

Isn't that a Chinese copy of the bust that came with the BD back in 2011 (or when ever T2 Skynet Edition BD came out)?

As bas as the chinese copy looks, it's a gazillion times better than that particular atrocity :lol
either way, not true to the movie.

As bas as the chinese copy looks, it's a gazillion times better than that particular atrocity :lol
either way, not true to the movie.

When searching for a skull, I found a Chinese made knockoff that still had the T2 on the front, even though they had marketed the thing as "Genysis" .

When searching for a skull, I found a Chinese made knockoff that still had the T2 on the front, even though they had marketed the thing as "Genysis" .
It's not. Sideshow's is a separate sculpt, no linage from the movies.

Gotcha. Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to just use T2 movie screens for reference.

For some reason I just can't find an actual measurement of the skull anywhere. I guess I could use movie screens to estimate the scale using another object in the frame but would be nice to know the real numbers since I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this :)

If I just knew the height or width I could extrapolate the remaining dimensions. I think height would be the best to know. Can you recommend a source or know the approximate size of the original skull?

Gotcha. Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to just use T2 movie screens for reference.

For some reason I just can't find an actual measurement of the skull anywhere. I guess I could use movie screens to estimate the scale using another object in the frame but would be nice to know the real numbers since I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this :)

If I just knew the height or width I could extrapolate the remaining dimensions. I think height would be the best to know. Can you recommend a source or know the approximate size of the original skull?

I am happy to measure mine for you if that helps.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back