Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

Haha, yeah I know, I might end up smoothing it after it's baked, with bondo or something, but the face and all of the details are probably easier to sculpt like this! :)

You should invest in aves apoxie sculpt. A two part self-hardening resin product that works very similar to super sculpey when mixed, but doesn't need to be baked and is easy to sand. Some sculptors use it to make an armature and then sculpting with other mediums on top of that, or you could use it exclusively. Works like a charm.

Thanks for the tip, TMG!
Some more progress on the skull:
65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

Judgement Day is upon us. The cardboard T-800 army will take over the world on your command. LOL Amazing job so far can't wait to see the completed project.

Thanks guys! :D Haha yeah the cardboard terminators are taking over! Only thing that can stop them is.... water! :p
Here I did some minor tweaks and added some temporary teeth to get the feel for it!
68.jpg

Some more progress! Finished most of the basic stuff, now I just have to make it smooth and add all the details! I also have to build the eye sockets and things like that...
72.jpg

Here's some progress!
I have baked the skull, and I am now working on the jaw. It's a tad short, so he's missing two teeth (they didn't fit atm) and he has a slight overbite.
But I'll soon fix that!
76.jpg

77.jpg

I'm going to smooth the skull soon, because it's easier to get it smooth when the clay is hard. I still have some details to add and fix, but I'm really happy with the overall look!

OMG mate, that is looking killer! From a critical angle, the jaw from gum to tip of chin looks a little bit too long to my eyes... I might be wrong though, it might just be because the slots and holes aren't in yet... just making me think of the big chinned endo in Salvation. You are doing an amazing job on this.

Al

Thanks, Alaneye that means a lot!
Yeah I know, I have adjusted the gum in the lower jaw, but now I must adjust the width of the upper jaw, I think it's too wide!

Here are some more progress pictures! I just baked the jaw and I think it came out pretty good!

80.jpg

81.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

I also have to align the shock absorbers in the mouth. (the two pointy things comming up right behind the teeth.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back