Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    Aug 9, 2017, 8:15 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #651

Snyggt
    Nice to see you're still alive as well
  2. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Aug 14, 2017, 6:33 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #652

chanfan said: View Post
    Really impressive work @chanfan. This is inspiring, I've always wanted to sculpt one of these busts. What are the approximate dimensions of the skull and is it true to the original, Height x Width x Depth? Thank you!
  3. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Aug 14, 2017, 9:56 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #653

shareahack said: View Post
    Really impressive work @chanfan. This is inspiring, I've always wanted to sculpt one of these busts. What are the approximate dimensions of the skull and is it true to the original, Height x Width x Depth? Thank you!
    I found this scale image of the Chinese copy-version of the sideshow bust - can anyone corroborate that this sizing is true to the movie (specifically T2)?

4. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    Aug 18, 2017, 5:59 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #654

I found this scale image of the Chinese copy-version of the sideshow bust - can anyone corroborate that this sizing is true to the movie (specifically T2)?

http://shareahack.com/images/termina...dimensions.jpg
    It's not. Sideshow's is a separate sculpt, no linage from the movies.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:01 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #655

The Terminator said: View Post
    Isn't that a Chinese copy of the bust that came with the BD back in 2011 (or when ever T2 Skynet Edition BD came out)?
  6. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    Aug 18, 2017, 8:05 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #656

cavx said: View Post
    Isn't that a Chinese copy of the bust that came with the BD back in 2011 (or when ever T2 Skynet Edition BD came out)?
    As bas as the chinese copy looks, it's a gazillion times better than that particular atrocity
    either way, not true to the movie.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Aug 18, 2017, 8:12 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #657

As bas as the chinese copy looks, it's a gazillion times better than that particular atrocity
    either way, not true to the movie.
    When searching for a skull, I found a Chinese made knockoff that still had the T2 on the front, even though they had marketed the thing as "Genysis" .
  8. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Aug 18, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #658

When searching for a skull, I found a Chinese made knockoff that still had the T2 on the front, even though they had marketed the thing as "Genysis" .
    Gotcha. Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to just use T2 movie screens for reference.

For some reason I just can't find an actual measurement of the skull anywhere. I guess I could use movie screens to estimate the scale using another object in the frame but would be nice to know the real numbers since I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this

If I just knew the height or width I could extrapolate the remaining dimensions. I think height would be the best to know. Can you recommend a source or know the approximate size of the original skull?
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Aug 18, 2017, 6:50 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #659

Gotcha. Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to just use T2 movie screens for reference.

For some reason I just can't find an actual measurement of the skull anywhere. I guess I could use movie screens to estimate the scale using another object in the frame but would be nice to know the real numbers since I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this

If I just knew the height or width I could extrapolate the remaining dimensions. I think height would be the best to know. Can you recommend a source or know the approximate size of the original skull?
    I am happy to measure mine for you if that helps.
  10. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Aug 18, 2017, 6:53 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #660

I'd be eternally grateful, Thank you!!! What's the story behind yours?

- - - Updated - - -

Does it seem like it's a good "life sized" representation?
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:01 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #661

I'd be eternally grateful, Thank you!!! What's the story behind yours?

- - - Updated - - -

Does it seem like it's a good "life sized" representation?
    A fellow Aussie helped me out with mine. Apparently it contains details not found on other replicas. It is made from resin and sent to me as a kit. That is about all I can say on that.

Initially I thought it was slightly undersized but then I got to see a true adult human skull and, yeah it is full size.
  12. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:02 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #662

A fellow Aussie helped me out with mine. Apparently it contains details not found on other replicas. It is made from resin and sent to me as a kit. That is about all I can say on that.
    Initially I thought it was slightly undersized but then I got to see a true adult human skull and, yeah it is full size.
    Right on, looking forward to checking it out!
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:47 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #663

Right on, looking forward to checking it out!
    Ok here we go.
    From bottom of the jaw to the top of the head looks like 9.5 inches.
    Over all depth is not quite 8.5 inches
    Width is just under 5 inch at the side recesses and and about 5.25 at cheek bine line.
    Jaw seems to be 4 inches long and 3 high.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  14. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Aug 18, 2017, 8:02 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #664

Ok here we go.
    From bottom of the jaw to the top of the head looks like 9.5 inches.
    Over all depth is not quite 8.5 inches
    Width is just under 5 inch at the side recesses and and about 5.25 at cheek bine line.
    Jaw seems to be 4 inches long and 3 high. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a5ab3a8b60.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0974dd1f53.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4c1ed91254.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Amazing, thank you @cavx! Truly awesome version you have. Can kind of see the slight asymmetry in the head just like the movie, I love it. Thanks again I will use your measurements to start a baseline.
  15. RPF Premium Member JUSTINIAN's Avatar
    From
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Aug 31, 2017, 4:43 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #665

It's been a few years since I saw this thread, and I have to say, you are doing a fantastic job on this. I love the sculpt of the skull, and I want one really bad.