Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Sweden
    Messages
    4,096
    Aug 9, 2017, 8:15 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #651

    Snyggt
    Nice to see you're still alive as well
  2. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Messages
    24
    Aug 14, 2017, 6:33 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #652

    chanfan said: View Post
    Really impressive work @chanfan. This is inspiring, I've always wanted to sculpt one of these busts. What are the approximate dimensions of the skull and is it true to the original, Height x Width x Depth? Thank you!
  3. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Messages
    24
    Aug 14, 2017, 9:56 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #653

    shareahack said: View Post
    Really impressive work @chanfan. This is inspiring, I've always wanted to sculpt one of these busts. What are the approximate dimensions of the skull and is it true to the original, Height x Width x Depth? Thank you!
    I found this scale image of the Chinese copy-version of the sideshow bust - can anyone corroborate that this sizing is true to the movie (specifically T2)?

  4. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Sweden
    Messages
    4,096
    Aug 18, 2017, 5:59 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #654

    shareahack said: View Post
    I found this scale image of the Chinese copy-version of the sideshow bust - can anyone corroborate that this sizing is true to the movie (specifically T2)?

    http://shareahack.com/images/termina...dimensions.jpg
    It's not. Sideshow's is a separate sculpt, no linage from the movies.
  5. RPF Premium Member cavx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Messages
    11,193
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:01 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #655

    The Terminator said: View Post
    It's not. Sideshow's is a separate sculpt, no linage from the movies.
    Isn't that a Chinese copy of the bust that came with the BD back in 2011 (or when ever T2 Skynet Edition BD came out)?
  6. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Sweden
    Messages
    4,096
    Aug 18, 2017, 8:05 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #656

    cavx said: View Post
    Isn't that a Chinese copy of the bust that came with the BD back in 2011 (or when ever T2 Skynet Edition BD came out)?
    As bas as the chinese copy looks, it's a gazillion times better than that particular atrocity
    either way, not true to the movie.
  7. RPF Premium Member cavx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Messages
    11,193
    Aug 18, 2017, 8:12 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #657

    The Terminator said: View Post
    As bas as the chinese copy looks, it's a gazillion times better than that particular atrocity
    either way, not true to the movie.
    When searching for a skull, I found a Chinese made knockoff that still had the T2 on the front, even though they had marketed the thing as "Genysis" .
  8. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Messages
    24
    Aug 18, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #658

    cavx said: View Post
    When searching for a skull, I found a Chinese made knockoff that still had the T2 on the front, even though they had marketed the thing as "Genysis" .
    The Terminator said: View Post
    It's not. Sideshow's is a separate sculpt, no linage from the movies.
    Gotcha. Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to just use T2 movie screens for reference.

    For some reason I just can't find an actual measurement of the skull anywhere. I guess I could use movie screens to estimate the scale using another object in the frame but would be nice to know the real numbers since I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this

    If I just knew the height or width I could extrapolate the remaining dimensions. I think height would be the best to know. Can you recommend a source or know the approximate size of the original skull?
  9. RPF Premium Member cavx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Messages
    11,193
    Aug 18, 2017, 6:50 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #659

    shareahack said: View Post
    Gotcha. Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to just use T2 movie screens for reference.

    For some reason I just can't find an actual measurement of the skull anywhere. I guess I could use movie screens to estimate the scale using another object in the frame but would be nice to know the real numbers since I'm going to be putting a lot of hours into this

    If I just knew the height or width I could extrapolate the remaining dimensions. I think height would be the best to know. Can you recommend a source or know the approximate size of the original skull?
    I am happy to measure mine for you if that helps.
  10. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Messages
    24
    Aug 18, 2017, 6:53 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #660

    cavx said: View Post
    I am happy to measure mine for you if that helps.
    I'd be eternally grateful, Thank you!!! What's the story behind yours?

    - - - Updated - - -

    cavx said: View Post
    I am happy to measure mine for you if that helps.
    Does it seem like it's a good "life sized" representation?
  11. RPF Premium Member cavx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Messages
    11,193
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:01 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #661

    shareahack said: View Post
    I'd be eternally grateful, Thank you!!! What's the story behind yours?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Does it seem like it's a good "life sized" representation?
    A fellow Aussie helped me out with mine. Apparently it contains details not found on other replicas. It is made from resin and sent to me as a kit. That is about all I can say on that.

    Initially I thought it was slightly undersized but then I got to see a true adult human skull and, yeah it is full size.
  12. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Messages
    24
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:02 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #662

    cavx said: View Post
    A fellow Aussie helped me out with mine. Apparently it contains details not found on other replicas. It is made from resin and sent to me as a kit. That is about all I can say on that.
    Initially I thought it was slightly undersized but then I got to see a true adult human skull and, yeah it is full size.
    Right on, looking forward to checking it out!
  13. RPF Premium Member cavx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Messages
    11,193
    Aug 18, 2017, 7:47 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #663

    shareahack said: View Post
    Right on, looking forward to checking it out!
    Ok here we go.
    From bottom of the jaw to the top of the head looks like 9.5 inches.
    Over all depth is not quite 8.5 inches
    Width is just under 5 inch at the side recesses and and about 5.25 at cheek bine line.
    Jaw seems to be 4 inches long and 3 high.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  14. ShareAHack.com RPF Premium Member shareahack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Messages
    24
    Aug 18, 2017, 8:02 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #664

    cavx said: View Post
    Ok here we go.
    From bottom of the jaw to the top of the head looks like 9.5 inches.
    Over all depth is not quite 8.5 inches
    Width is just under 5 inch at the side recesses and and about 5.25 at cheek bine line.
    Jaw seems to be 4 inches long and 3 high. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a5ab3a8b60.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0974dd1f53.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4c1ed91254.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Amazing, thank you @cavx! Truly awesome version you have. Can kind of see the slight asymmetry in the head just like the movie, I love it. Thanks again I will use your measurements to start a baseline.
  15. RPF Premium Member JUSTINIAN's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    From
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Messages
    335
    Aug 31, 2017, 4:43 PM - Re: Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton #665

    It's been a few years since I saw this thread, and I have to say, you are doing a fantastic job on this. I love the sculpt of the skull, and I want one really bad.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 131
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2015, 7:19 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 2, 2013, 4:26 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: Oct 3, 2011, 6:28 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 27, 2009, 7:42 PM
  5. Scratch built endoskeleton help pls
    guyverraziel, Replica Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 8, 2008, 6:08 PM

Tags