Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

Who looks at a pile of cardborad boxes and says, "This would make a good Terminator!"

You have raised the bar on scratch builds, my friend! :thumbsup

Just astonishing work, now each time I walk passed the recycled cardboard bin at work I think of this thread :). I'd also like to know if you used plans or if this is just being eye balled off of your 18' endoskeleton.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it! :) Makes me want to work even harder!
About plans and blueprints, I'm not using anything but the Neca 18 inch endo, pictures of the real deal and some measurements taken by Jaz Creations (big up!) over at the endobuildersclub for reference.
Also, I kinda look at my own body (but keeping in mind that he's bigger than I am), to make sure the proportions are all right!

The closest thing you can come to a blueprint is the papercraft endo, but I'm not sure how accurate it really is! After all, I don't think it came out of the Winston studio! :p

This just in!
I'm going to sculpt the skull from scratch! I just ordered a bunch of super sculpey, the kind of clay that you bake in the oven. Hopefully I'll recieve it before the weekend!

Subscribed.

This is amazing on so many levels; it just goes to prove again that true talent and inspiration come from the artist, not the tools they use.

If you're using your body as a reference guide, remind me never to cross you! If I tried that I'd end up with a T-800 with toothpick arms & legs, and a beer gut! :lol

Thanks guys! :D

Haha WarPig, don't worry, there's no way that endo would fit in my body! I just compare it to my body and try to imagine how big Arnold is(was), and that gives me a reference of scale! :p

Here I am giving the skull a go!

Starting off with a wire frame of the skull, made of steel wire.
56.jpg

Covering and filling it with tin foil. Thought this would make the base sturdy... oh how wrong I was!
57.jpg

Adding some clay, and at this moment, I really thought, damn, the basic structure is too weak and I should redo it... but I was in denial...
58.jpg

..so I kept on going.
59.jpg

60.jpg

I kinda like where I'm going with it, but I seriously need to make a stronger base structure to apply the clay on! This is sculpey clay, it's going to be baked in the oven so the base has to be made of something that won't catch fire or get burnt! Any ideas?

Thanks! :) I actually stripped the whole thing from clay, starting over! I'm now working on building a complete skull mesh from steel wire, and I can tell you, my fingers are sore! But I think I will gain from that in the long run! I don't want the skull to be flimsy while I'm working on it!

Hey guys!

Okay I redid the skull mesh, this is a wip shot of it:
61.jpg

I added a loop for the eyes and a whole lots of more wire, but I forgot to take a picture before I added the tin foil:
62.jpg

And now, I've started to add some clay:
63.jpg

64.jpg

The forehead needs to pertrude a bit more, and I need to move the eye sockets out with the forehead.

good thing about the wire frame is that I can actually adjust the basic shape if I need to! :)

A simply awesome project. I like your dedication to one of the coolest villains ever. The Endo will be great when finished.

I can't believe you are attempting to sculpt a 1:1 endoskull :eek All those geometrical shapes are gonna drive you nuts when it comes to smoothing. But kudos to you for doing it, you seem to be able to visualize geometry and even from these early pictures it's looking like a winner.

Al

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back