OWK Saber Article

Kris

Sr Member
My local fanclub runs a 4 montly magazine, and as it's 1 year ago, I offered to do my research and write something on the Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber. Now, the RPF is like THE source for this saber, as I've followed the discovery of the Booster ring and the Derwent Engine Emiter.

But I don't know all, well, I know around most parts, but I still can need some help on every part, the facts, and cool trivia.

Anyone interested in giving some good info, share some pictures, or maybe more. :)

If you don't want it in the open, just PM me, or use an IM client to contact me, all the info is in the profile.

Thanks.

PM Serafino for this one. He has the most knowledge in my opinion.

Plus he was one of the first people to get the balance pipe and bearing/booster.

FB

Never got a PM Kris.

So you've got the main discoveries, how about the fact that during part of filming in Tunisia the cap of the handwheel was missing? :D

Just a suggestion: Maybe you could also mention how the lightsaber shares history with many other props. For instance, mention that the Derwent engine was also used for IG-88's head and the Death Star cannon, that the Graflex flash was used for Luke's lightsaber etc.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back