Movies that are due to be remade.

I don't understand why classics (and just generlly great movies from the past) arn't just cleaned up a bit and improve the audio and re-released? It seems that the studios wouldn't do anything but profit. Psycho still holds up and it's being re-made. Yeah seeing Scarlett Johansson in the shower would be nice....Damn...I just ruined my whole point.

Take Heavy Metal from animated to live action.

MhVw2.jpg

Same thing with the movie Wizards (Peace would be awesome).

fIBxQ.jpg

Few years ago, there was talk about a Last Starfighter Sequel.. They were looking at doing more of a " Son of " The Last Starfighter kind of deal.. Lance Guest was going to come back as Alex Rogan.. If I remember the articles correctly, even Norman Snow was coming back as Xur..

But seems to have not gotten off the ground.. Same with a Goonies II, the cast were all interested in coming back, and still waiting for it..

I am fearing a few remakes.. Like The Crow and Highlander.. I know Highlander wasn't the best movie, but the concept was there and the music, the music made the movie..

Highlander was wicked and I think should be left. A huge reason that Highlander looked so awesome and was so different was the director, Russel Mulcahey (Spelling ? maybe? lol) Was a wicked music video director. He did Duran Duran videos and I saw an interview and he literally stated he wanted to do it like a 90 minute music video. Old MTV interview or something.

Sweeney Todd
On Broadway this was an amazing piece of musical theater and Sondheim's best work - On the big screen it' was tragically reduced another one of Tim Burton's signature grotesqueries with Johnny Depp, no less. It's tantamount to doing a Tim Burton version of Field of Dreams and selling it to a new generation of folks unfamiliar with the original.
I would have it remade just so we can Tim Burton's vandalism from memory.

SORRY for the necro.

But I was thinking tonight...I wouldn't mind seeing Darkwing Duck come back.

Also with highlander (which was mentioned only a few posts up, but FIVE years ago)...it's a victim of timing. They kept trying to make sequels because it was the 90's and they didn't yet realize that when a story is wrapped up and has no room for sequels, the real path to more money is PREquels. The story of Ramirez, or Kurgan, or a few centuries worth of Connor's adventures before the gathering could make for decent movies.

and the one that is sure to start an argument: Excalibur.

I know, I KNOW...it's dangerous to mess with such a classic. Plus they had some great actors in that movie...but they also had some crap effects, and film making techniques. I think there is room for improvement there. Also, it's a big enough name, that if a studio was willing to invest real money, they could entice some decent actors to get involved. With modern techniques, I think they really could push it up over the top.

I've always felt that a modern remake to The Invisible Man would be interesting. Especially considering how technologically dependant we've become, a man who can simply disappear, showing up on infrared only, would be seriously cool.

I've always felt that a modern remake to The Invisible Man would be interesting. Especially considering how technologically dependant we've become, a man who can simply disappear, showing up on infrared only, would be seriously cool.
So a combo of The Hollow Man and Predator?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back