Batman Forever: Riddler Bat-Bomb

slimesquare

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK where to start...Well I was always a fan of The Riddler in Batman Forever and when I was a kid I was actually The Riddler for halloween the year the movie came out....SO I decided after watching it again the other day that I wanted to make one of his squeaky and explosive little friends ( minus the exploding, and hopefully not the squeaking) I started out at the dollar store today and got a giant rubber bounce ball and a plastic gun that shot little plastic balls. After cutting a slit in the bounce ball and the plastic ball I clipped a piece of styrene, and with a little glue I got this start....

IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg

Then I took the picture of the screen used stunt bomb I found and made some wings out of styrene. After that I cut some slits into the side of the bounce ball and slid the wings in the side I ended with this......
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg

And then I hit him with a few coats of sandable primer and i'm waiting for that to dry so I can use some red filler on some of the areas of the bounce ball that weren't exactly 100% when I bought it, and maybe to try and cut down the seem a bit, even thought it was present on the stunt one....

IMG_0229.jpg
IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0232.jpg

And I'm using a very light grit sand paper so it doesn't totally ruin the bounce ball so the sanding will take a little while to do but hopefully the rest of him will turn out nice.

Enjoy til tomorrow!!

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

got to the ears tonight, and i'm waiting for my paint to arrive at my job so I can mock up what a finished on will look like. Now i'm on the search for the hollow x-mas ornament balls that the halves can be separated so I can try and make one where the wings flap. But I possibly wanna mold this guy so I can make a stress ball version of him which would be kinda funny. And I'm gonna try and find a graphic designer/ vinyl cutter around my area so I can have the question mark and face made real nice.

Looking very nice so far! I'm actually working on a few other Forever props right now (the dream warden doll and the questioner bobblehead) and I'm thinking this will be my next go. You're making it look great.

thanks guys

found 100mm ornament balls on the net last night so i'll be ordering a few of those so I can make a hero one as well

got the ornament balls in and they're a little big I did my measuring wrong, but I got some cool pics of some screen used ones where the hero bat is much bigger than the stunt bat and has a different paint scheme as well so i'll beable to make both now

Batman_Forever_Riddler_Stunt_Bomb_7.jpg

14989_0820_2_lg.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

ok so kinda hard to tell from the one picture but in the one picture its pretty clear that the hero one on the left is much bigger than the stunt one, also it has a different paint job, not sure if that was a prototype paint job cause it wasnt seen in the movie

Weren't the bat bombs actually real Batman toys? Their heads had an air opening that would whistle when thrown. I swear I had one.

Thats awesome! I really like how simple and effective the wing flapping is! I can NOT wait to see it all together. Keep up the good work! Also, dont let lack of comments detour you at all, I think it happens to every thread I post so I know it sucks at times but in the end we do it for ourselves and not others and I think you will have this one checked off of your list in no time! What do you plan on making after you finish this?

Weren't the bat bombs actually real Batman toys? Their heads had an air opening that would whistle when thrown. I swear I had one.

If they were, I never saw them and I had tons of figures and toys from that movie

And thanks punisher, i've always wanted one of these so I just decided to build one and I hope others enjoy the build.

I just spent an awful lot of time on google trying to find this...I had one as a kid, it was foam and had bat wings and a whistling attachment at the front, wish I could find it!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back