Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: "That's the Cup of a Carpenter"

paulrw

I've just finished a project I started last summer.

I've been collecting Indiana Jones props and Costume pieces for a while now, but I really wanted a nice terracotta Grail prop - but I couldn't find one I really liked.

So I did a fair bit of research and worked with a local potter and produced a number of Grails for myself and a few friends.

Having researched the patination on the various screen seen Grails - as far as I could, I prepared a ‘pattern- master’ and then gold leafed each replica individually using Gold-leaf substitute before adding a light wash of white acrylic. Although they’re all hand thrown and therefore unique, each replica measures approximately 11cmx11cmx15cm tall.

Each Grail has taken anything between 5½ and 7 hours to finish - It's taken a long time to complete the run, but I'm pretty pleased with how they worked out.

JunkyardComparrisonShot.jpg

Junkyard1.jpg

JunkyardStudyinblack.jpg

I had the potter produce a run and I've listed the spare Grails for Sale in the Junkyard:

TheJunkyard.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back