Studio Scale (:p) AT-AT

No words necessary, just :love

Slip me the dimensions for the hole/mount on the back when you can J, I'm working on the neck armature while I take a break from the legs. Hope we can find someone with a rotary cnc/lathe for the ribbing..

Julien,
Great stuff, man! Hey, are you using a laser cutter for all this? It all looks so perfect! But then again, you are a modeling beast! :)

So for real.....Julien or Matt....please hook me up with some blueprints so I can laser cut my own! LOL!

Joe

Thanks Katsu-san ! :)

Thanks guys :)

The head is now half in the rubber :) I hope to have the mold finished by the end of the week. :)

Now lets talk a bit about the body...

I've started the master of the hull (actually I did some good progress on it !) I'm trying to replicate the flaw of the original (more curve on the left side of the front body wall while the right is almost straight for example).

I'm pretty happy with the shape/proportions. I think it's better than the MR AT-AT hull.

atatbody1.jpg

atatbody2.jpg

atatbody3.jpg

atatbody4.jpg

atatbody5.jpg

atatbody6.jpg

atatbody7.jpg

atatbody8.jpg

I hope you like, any feedback/criticism accepted ! I will need your help to ID some parts ! :)

Just awesome Julien, glad to hear the head is going well thus far in molding.
As for the body OF COURSE its better than the MR, you did it lol.

bests.......lee

This is beautiful work! I know everyone says they want one, but if we express an interest on here, will you email us when you have some ready to make duplicates?

Thanks

Thank you guys, I'm glad you like !

Well I'm not that fast, that the 4th hull I built over the years (since 2008) but the 3 other looked off because I was fooled by the lense distorsion of the set of pics of the resin casting (the MR set). Actually most of the curves in these pics are lense distorsion !

Christrom, I'll open an interest thread and I'll put the link here ! However be aware I wont offer the armature...

We're trying to ID those 4 parts (red, yellow, blue and green), any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance ;)

atatunknown1.jpg

Julien, the yellow part doesnt half ring a few bells, so im looking. As for the purple part, hmm, thats another part glued to it? Round bit, looks like a Naval gun turret to me?

lee

Thanks Franck !

Lee, I really have no idea, I thought the yellow part from the flak38 but it is not :/

Gonna open a new thread for that !

I finished the hero side and sprayed a light coat of primer :

atatbody9.jpg

atatbody10.jpg

atatbody11.jpg

atatbody12.jpg

I hope you like !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back