Best toys of the 70's

Wow the memories.

I loved VertyBird!

Remember this?

remcotrek.jpg

Man, I love this thread! Seeing that can of slime reminded me of those home-made Star Wars playsets that were shown in Woman's Day magazine back when The Empire Strikes Back came out. I remember at the time when my Mom first showed me the article how much I liked the idea of using the slime for a Dagobah ''swamp''. (It was hard enough cleaning up my Luke Skywalker action-figure after playing with him in that stuff, but sadly, my R2-D2's body-sticker never fully recovered. :lol) Good times... The Woman's Day Empire Strikes Back Playsets

View attachment 84176View attachment 84177View attachment 84178View attachment 84179View attachment 84180View attachment 84181View attachment 84182View attachment 84183View attachment 84184

best thread... i remember all of these, had most of them
no one's mentioned...
girders and panels play sets
51vFwbF8yTL._AA300_.jpg

Revell or Testors also had a monthly model club where they would send you a model every month... I remember rejoicing when the box would come...

Starbird! best xmas gift ever... i flew that thing around the house forever.. in all of it's configurations... I remember how the y-wing head had a inner part (battle bridge?) that you could remove.. the tidirium shuttle like removable winlets...

Stretch Monster Death
I loved my stretch monster, and remember the day he died. I thought he was indestructable, and was my favorite pal. My brother and i were tossing him back and forth .. and he landed on his head *crack* went his neck joint and pink low viscosity syrup started to ooze... I was devistated. We taped him up in hopes the wound would coagulate, but he just bled out over the period of a few days... o the horror...

I can't believe I had so many of those toys. I only wish I still had them. But if I did I wouldn't have had much of a childhood. And I still have a lot of them, including Girder and panel sets.

Anybody remember Ramagons?

I've been trying to identify a toy(I've posted this before), I can't say if it was the late 70's or very early eighties.
It was a space themed shooting game, you had to shoot a moving spaceship projected on the wall. When the ship was hit it would turn red and crash. It had a sci-fi styled gun on top of a black and white box(projector).

Anybody remember this toy? Or know who I could ask that might?

How 'bout this one?
Mattel%20Space%201999%20Vertibird%20Eagle.jpg

Doug
If I had that or the Star Trek one I would HAVE to play with it. Heck, I'd be interested in trying to make one just to see if I could actually pick stuff up with it unlike when I was a kid.

Do vintage videogame machines count? I have a Magnavox Odyssy 2, atari 2600, and a pong machine lol. I got a lot of hand me down 70s toys in the early 80s as neighbors and a family friend would give them to me as my friend was a year older than me.

I found a pic of the boxing action figure. The only one I could find :confused

attachment.php

This one seems to have lost his shorts though :lol

Anyone remember what these were called ?

I have been searching and trying to remember what these were called since yesterday, with no luck whatsoever :lol

Can anyone shed some light on these ?

Now that is an impressive playset. The 80s kinda sucked for toys aside from the big lines and some that sadly got no love at all other than at discount stores.

best thread... i remember all of these, had most of them
no one's mentioned...
girders and panels play sets
51vFwbF8yTL._AA300_.jpg

I had this back in the 60s where it had that late 50s, early 60s modern architecture, like bubble skylights. It has been out at least once since the 60s with a brick and mortar look panels. The 60s version had roads and a monorail as accessories. I believe that the 60s version was made by Kenner.

David.

What was the playset that came with little plastic rivets that you had to melt in place!? I loved that thing. 2nd degree burns and plastic stuck in the carpet; good times! :cool

-Rylo

What was the playset that came with little plastic rivets that you had to melt in place!? I loved that thing. 2nd degree burns and plastic stuck in the carpet; good times! :cool

-Rylo

Closest thing I can think of is, the Spin Welders sets. I loved building those things -- ahhh the smell of melting plastic!

Doug

Awesome! That was it.

Bet that **** was toxic! :confused

NOTE: I can't help but notice nobody has repped me for this thread. What, I gotta post pics of cats saying silly things to get a little rep? LOL, here ya go, "Now Uz like cheeseburgers and 70's toys!" Not that I really care about the rep thing...just thought about it though and love to pick on the concept.

Closest thing I can think of is, the Spin Welders sets. I loved building those things -- ahhh the smell of melting plastic!

Doug

I can't believe no one has mentioned any of these:

74c7c414.jpg

c045fb6d.jpg

And the next I still have. My brother and I found it in the attic when my parents moved a few years ago. My brother and and I plugged it in and spent the next several hours reliving our childhood......and not moving anything they wanted us to move.

e8161b56.jpg

Ah, yes. You've just reminded me of Atari's Stunt Cycle.

I can't believe no one has mentioned any of these:

74c7c414.jpg

c045fb6d.jpg

And the next I still have. My brother and I found it in the attic when my parents moved a few years ago. My brother and and I plugged it in and spent the next several hours reliving our childhood......and not moving anything they wanted us to move.

e8161b56.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back