Best toys of the 70's

smash up derby extreme. By extreme i mean i would load the trunk with match heads and have a fire put in the middle. Dad always wondered what happened to his old spice. Sorry dad...GM

It's odd though, because all of my first SW figures were my cousin's. So by default, I grew up playing with the Ewok village, Jabba's Dias, and vintage figures, which were combined with my POTF2 figures. :thumbsup

I wasn't the usual kid though either, instead of video games, I would have much prefered to use my imagination, something I still do today. :lol I can't stand not to play with replicas or toys. :lol

My all time favorite was the Evel Knievel stunt cycle sets hands down.
Although I only had a couple figures and a chopper bike with no winder... He was a blast, I had to use my buddies winder from his EK stunt cycle if I really wanted to make the chopper go.

Here is my EK collection as of now, I have a few of the Back to Basics Toys items in here as well.
P1010002_01.JPG

P1010003_01.JPG

Lynn

So many of the toys here bring back awesome memories. I had many of them, desperately wanted others.

One toy not listed here was the Fisher Price Adventure People TV crew. It was a blue van, three figures, and (my favorite part) a TV / movie camera. What was cool about the camera was that it actually had a mirror imaging system so you could view what the lens was "filming" on a screen on the back. The front element could also be turned and extended to zoom and focus the picture. I spent SO much time playing with that camera -- I'd use it to pretend I was making movies of all of my OTHER toys! :lol

I vaguely remember having some figures and a couple of vehicles. I think it was a car and I definitely remember a yellow plane which had a square cut out of the top of the cockpit where you could slot one of the men in. Im sure it was very late 70s. Does that ring a bell with anyone. Man I loved those toys, I tipped the plane up over drain and lost one of the men and I buried one on the beach and never found it again, man I was gutted about it.

See the pic I posted in #129. By the way..I still have mine! It's in my kids camping toys now. :)

I was very fond of my 1973 Gabriel Lone Ranger and Silver. In fact I still have it on display in my office at home.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

joedy.jpg

I had this set when I was little...TOO little. I must have been three or four, played with it till everything was lost or broken little by little. Vehicle fell apart...into the garbage. Wetsuit cracked to bits...trashed. Shark sprung a hole...away he went.

The only things I have left are the figure, air tanks, spear gun, flippers and treasure chest.

And it was the best toy ever.

Been a long time since this thread made a presence and I felt today was the perfect day to bump it. :lol

I picked up one of the re-released Stretch Armstrong toys for $20.00 with a coupon from Toys R Us. This is so cool. It is very close to the original, minus the shorts and a slight paint difference on the head, but a repaint and this would be perfect. If you are like me and have longed to pick up an original but couldn't stomach the high price tag, then this option might be right up your alley. I will display this proudly in my office.

stretch.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back