Best toys of the 70's

Interesting to see how the toys changed through the years. By 1983, it was mostly video games.

My friends used to melt lead fishing weights in those things! :lol

I had both of these. The Vincent Price Shrunken Head Maker, and the Creepy Crawler Maker (may have been from the 60's). This was the version you could melt your finger prints off with, not the plastic encased lawerized version. GREAT TIMES!

238d2b67.jpg

I agree. This is a great thread. I don't remember all the names of the toys I had as a kid, but seeing pictures I'm like "I had that!". I have to thank my parents as I had a great childhood with great toys it seems. I was born in '67 so I was the right age to really enjoy all this great stuff in the 70's and 80's.

Not a 70's toy but this is going to be a future project.

Hell ya!

I still have 2 of the black pistol versions. Did the rifles ever come in black?

Man I remember Girders and Panels!! IIRC the US version had black girders in the 70's

Memorable Christmas was the year I got the Space 1999 Eagle and a Chopper Command. Chopper command was the helicopter version of the Star Trek Enterpise toy mentioned a few pages back.

That Stormtrooper cheapo costume is a crack up. Like you need to have a picture on the torso to identify who you are supposed to be.:lol

Any one mention Legos yet?

Hell ya!

I still have 2 of the black pistol versions. Did the rifles ever come in black?

The rifle (Starlyte Pro) was never offered for sale in black. There were 3-4 black prototypes made and one or two may have dissapeared from the factory. It was switched to white in wake of a shooting accident involving one of the Starlyte pistols. I have several mint sets of the pistols and continue to buy them on occasion, just because!

The rifle (Starlyte Pro) was never offered for sale in black. There were 3-4 black prototypes made and one or two may have dissapeared from the factory. It was switched to white in wake of a shooting accident involving one of the Starlyte pistols. I have several mint sets of the pistols and continue to buy them on occasion, just because!

I remember that incident. That was the first I'd ever heard of a toy gun being mistaken for a real one. A cop shot him, right?

I loved the helmet for Lazer Tag, but was deeply disappointed when I realized it didn't come with the black visor.

(side note, anyone seen the new Lazer Tag designed for use with the iPhone?)

I vaguely remember having some figures and a couple of vehicles. I think it was a car and I definitely remember a yellow plane which had a square cut out of the top of the cockpit where you could slot one of the men in. Im sure it was very late 70s. Does that ring a bell with anyone. Man I loved those toys, I tipped the plane up over drain and lost one of the men and I buried one on the beach and never found it again, man I was gutted about it.

See post 129! :lol

I vaguely remember having some figures and a couple of vehicles. I think it was a car and I definitely remember a yellow plane which had a square cut out of the top of the cockpit where you could slot one of the men in. Im sure it was very late 70s. Does that ring a bell with anyone. Man I loved those toys, I tipped the plane up over drain and lost one of the men and I buried one on the beach and never found it again, man I was gutted about it.

Big Trak and Starbird

MB-StarBirdBox.jpg

DSCF2413.gif

big32.JPG

:) omg dude you dont know how many years ive been thinking about finding the big track and star bird i used to have but could not remember what they were called, the big track was awesome :)

and i think thats the same six million dollar man i used to have, i had the space capsule to....saw one in an antique shop a few years back :( im gettin old...crap :lol

There are ads in the back of Creepy/Eerie magazine for xwings and tie vehicles around 7 bucks a pop. :(

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back