MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Re: MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard"

Good lord. Grow up. They are doing this way to make sure they can make a profit on it. If there isn't enough interest for a TWENTY FIVE YEAR OLD MOVIE prop then they don't want to take a bath in it. If you don't like it, don't order one.

So? Did they ask for the PKE or the Ghost Trap if theres enough interest for a TWENTY EIGHT year old movie?!?

They just do it because people start bashing matty because of their publishing policy. They just want to make sure that everyone buys the hoverboard or they have to offer it in special deals for less to get rid of it... Thats why...

They know that they are producing a cheap, unacurate movie prop, some people will be satisfied, some not, and so they try to get the people, which are positive tempered, on board, before they do the first step...

Yes, you're right, they are prrofing if they can make profit in it... Sadly that the only thing they are interested in. Yes, know you can tell me the stuff about "big company", "have to make profit", etc. but if I produce a prop replica, then my 2nd interest is, that fans have a nice piece. Yes, it's Mattel, and if Mattel (the brand thats ON the hoverboard) can't make it more acurate than BTTF fans, then something'S wrong about it...

And thats the point. If we can't reach the accuracy, lets make it a little bit cheaper and build in a soundchip, this is something new, and everyone will buy it... Same as the Ghostbusters 12" figures. We can't do the Stantz head sculpt better, but instead of trying and producing new sculpts till the end result is a LOT better, we just take the next best sculpt, lower the price for the packs, and give Ray a Slime blower, oh, and it lights up... :love :rolleyes

But as long as people buy the stuff, they won't change anything. Sadly there are enough of it out, but who cares, the hoverboard got a soundchip... :confused

"But she's got a new hat..."
stacy.gif

Well, you also have to consider that most collectors are not as obsessed with accuracy as those here on the RPF. I've seen debates on this board concerning the type of screw used on a prop. For most people it will be close enough.

I just preordered one! I've been waiting for some new news/pictures of the thing but since that seems unlikely until closer to release, I bit the bullet and went for it. I never owned any of the fanmade boards, so I'm looking forward to this one. (I can always get one of the great ones made by the guys here later on).

My brother really wants one too, so he'll probably be preordering one as well. At that price, it's hard to pass up.

if there that excited and keen themselves to sort the niggles and do the sounds as they have made out to be on that video - im in for sure and have placed a preorder :|)

hey no fair AJ didn't tell us he got to see the proto in person!!! loll seriously, at this point does anyone still have doubts that mattel doesn't care about it being true to the prop?

thanks for that video! :)

Call it what you will but that video got me REALLY excited

agreed, i was unsure but the excitment of the staff in that video makes me have faith in mattel producing something great yet again.

Okay, that interview really convinced me. I've just tried to order two, but they don't accept my Visa Prepaid. And no PayPal. Any ideas for me? :wacko

The video helped to clear things up and I really hope they keep the velcro - the way he put it, the three strips would be replaced with one solid green piece which would be innacurate.
Electronics and official licensing aside, it's going to be tough to beat the great replica from bttf123 as I feel he has made the best replica of this prop to date - and I own two of them!
I would like to have heard some samples of the audio they plan on using for the board but other than that, at least the video did its job on getting collectors excited for this item.

Okay, that interview really convinced me. I've just tried to order two, but they don't accept my Visa Prepaid. And no PayPal. Any ideas for me? :wacko

Sell the prepaid to someone you know or transfer money from paypal to your bank account.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back