Anyone trooping to The Phantom Menace 3d?

Crank729

Sr Member
OK, I know it is the most hated star wars movie, but there has to be some people on here dressing up for opening night!

I'm wearing a tux with my jango helmet......which I know isn't cannon but it's more for fun anyway.

Anyone?????

my Squad in the 501st in trooping 2 different theaters this weekend....I'll be stuck at work but its The Phantom Menace so I wont miss too much

I actually think this film was better than the two that followed it. The CGI wasn't quite so out of control, out of the Prequels it felt the most like Star Wars, and the lightsaber duel at the end was pretty cool.

What gets me is how can any of you guys want to give George Lucas more money for that god awful movie and especially when the 3d is hardly present. Only two shots I heard were any good in 3d, and the rest was pretty flat. Keep your money!!! Send Lucas a message that we are tired of his shenanigans!
I'm not going to be a sucker and give in to the darkside. LOL.

What gets me is how can any of you guys want to give George Lucas more money for that god awful movie and especially when the 3d is hardly present. Only two shots I heard were any good in 3d, and the rest was pretty flat. Keep your money!!! Send Lucas a message that we are tired of his shenanigans!
I'm not going to be a sucker and give in to the darkside. LOL.
My thoughts exactly....also, how come, after more than 12 years of moaning about TPM, so many of you want to endorse and celebrate it by trooping and cozzing up to see it?????

Rich

Guys its all about seeing Star Wars on the Big Screen again! You wont get that chance that often again. It think we all dislike TPM as one of the worst SW Movies, although Darth Maul is a pretty bad ass Sith. I like him. Im a mmeber of the 501st (German Garrison) and I´ll do 3 events this Weekend in 3 differnet cinemas promoting the movie. As the 3d itself concerned the best scences are the Pod-Race and the Battle with the Droid Army. But it was clear from the Beginning that TPM would not be as cool as a "real" 3D Movie. Im just happy to celebrate Star Wars on the Big Screen Again and for the kids its an amazing oppertunity!

Regards Lars

I agree. Sure we can all cry and complain about Lucas (I've done it myself), but the bottom line is that when I go to the movies, I go because I enjoy it.

It would take literally hundreds of thousands of people in protest to make any noticeable impact on Lucas's income if not more...

So go if you enjoy it, and stay home if your principals are getting in the way.

Either way, I'd rather have the experience of seeing Star Wars on the big screen again as SithLars pointed out, than to go and see most other movies out at the moment that aren't deserving of my hard earned money in the first place.

Our local garrison did a troop last night at our theater. Good times.

Many of you guys are really overthinking this whole Star Wars/Lucas thing.

They're pretty entertaining movies, and fun to be a part of. We saw a lot of smiles last night, from adults and kids. Nothing wrong with that.

Our local garrison did a troop last night at our theater. Good times.

Many of you guys are really overthinking this whole Star Wars/Lucas thing.

They're pretty entertaining movies, and fun to be a part of. We saw a lot of smiles last night, from adults and kids. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly. The movie got a positive reaction from the younger members of the audience that had not seen it on the big screen before.

I agree. Sure we can all cry and complain about Lucas (I've done it myself), but the bottom line is that when I go to the movies, I go because I enjoy it.

It would take literally hundreds of thousands of people in protest to make any noticeable impact on Lucas's income if not more...

So go if you enjoy it, and stay home if your principals are getting in the way.

Either way, I'd rather have the experience of seeing Star Wars on the big screen again as SithLars pointed out, than to go and see most other movies out at the moment that aren't deserving of my hard earned money in the first place.

agreed.

I wasn't able to go to the opening day showings, but I did make it to the midnight release with my younger brother.

kcbgpx.jpg

We both went as luke skywalker :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back