► Jkno's collection ◄

Re: My AT-AT Driver helmet (and collection)

OOOOOHHHHHH........ NICE!!!!

I love a good Sterling Build E11....:love

Thank you very much old friend!!!
21ebxuf.gif

Re: My AT-AT Driver helmet (and collection)

A teaser of the deactivated Sterling converted as Stormtrooper blaster with the new aluminum stand:

SterlingStormtrooperBlaster28.jpg

The stand was made by a 501st member who is also a member here (thanks again Rob!!). It is very solid, made of aluminum, and is really cool. I like it more than the mirrored MR one. It also comes with small padding for the blaster holders which not even MR has. It really completes the real Sterling E-11, no other stand could have done a better job! It looks like it is coming directly from the Imperial armory

Last edited:
Re: Jkno's collection from Transylvania

The Stormtrooper blasters display - on top there is the Master Replicas version and on middle shelf there is the converted Sterling:

stormieblasterdisplay1.jpg

stormieblasterdisplay2.jpg

I finally upgraded my converted Sterling blaster further with a real Eagle Hengstler. One more step in making it complete, not that it wasn't complete before, since as I already said, it was accurate to a specific scene from ANH, where Han shoots the comm panel in the detention area, and there his blaster doesn't have Hengstler, just cylinders. The next step might be to upgrade the cylinders with the newly discovered TCC capacitors and maybe the dual wires.

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

My converted Sterling is now almost finished, with real Eagle Hengstler, genuine M-40 scope (next week a M-38 arrives too), accurate T-tracks, and the new cylinders:

SterlingStormtrooperBlaster34.jpg

The 2 cylinders sets I got from Joerg, the one with dual small capacitors (left) and the one with 3 holes (right) arrived. In the one with the 3 holes I added the newly found screen accurate small capacitors I received from a good friend after painting them, they are just attached with their wires and no glue or anything else, so if I want to reposition them or take them off, it can be done in seconds. The entire ensemble is connected to the blaster with 2 flat and powerful rare earth magnets (glued to the cylinders and painted black), thus I can exchange between the two options and also change the position of the cylinders if want to:

cylindersstormtrooperbl.jpg

Last edited:

Sandtrooper shelf with Gentle Giant Dewback statue and the Santrooper trio from Kotobukiya. There are also a few items I brought from Tunisia in 2008 like a Tatooine fridge magnet, a Matmata card and some rocks from the movie set in the desert

displaysandtroopers.jpg

Wow, simply stunning collection you've got there. Is it a continual work in progress where you'll keep adding to it?

Thank you. Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away. :) So indeed it is a continue search for collectibles that fit in my OT Imperials and Troopers focus.

Love your collection indeed.....where did you get those awesome cabinets ,been looking for some like yours,cant find them anywhere ???

Thank you. Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away. :) So indeed it is a continue search for collectibles that fit in my OT Imperials and Troopers focus.

Well congratulations again, it blows my mind that it looks THIS good and it's likely to get better over time as you find more stuff to display. Looking forward to updates

Love your collection indeed.....where did you get those awesome cabinets ,been looking for some like yours,cant find them anywhere ???

Thanks. They are custom made since for example there was no IKEA next to my city. Thus I went this way instead, and at least they were made by my specifications.

Well congratulations again, it blows my mind that it looks THIS good and it's likely to get better over time as you find more stuff to display. Looking forward to updates

Thank you!:cheers When a few items arrive there will be some changes and even a new cabinet to hold the TIE Fighter collectibles

Your collection is very impressive, but is utterly remarkable considering that you live in Romania.

I spent a summer doing anthropological fieldwork in Romania right after Ceaucescu was executed. I can appreciate how difficult it was to find any form of western media, even after he was gone. When I was there, the exchange rate went from 60 lei to the American dollar to over 200!

Please continue to post pictures of your collection. I love to see how people display their collections.

Your collection is very impressive, but is utterly remarkable considering that you live in Romania.

I spent a summer doing anthropological fieldwork in Romania right after Ceaucescu was executed. I can appreciate how difficult it was to find any form of western media, even after he was gone. When I was there, the exchange rate went from 60 lei to the American dollar to over 200!

Please continue to post pictures of your collection. I love to see how people display their collections.

Thank you! :) Indeed there were some hard times back then, only people who came here or lived here can understand. Glad that is over. But still there are some people out there thinking about Romania in similar terms or even worse alas...

Not a prop but still great! Marmit 1:6 Stormtrooper just arrived. It is a FANTASTIC figure! I think this is indeed among the most accurate scaled Stormtrooper collectibles, very close to the Gentle Giant mini-bust IMO. The Marmit looks like a guy dressed up as Stormtrooper, which is quite awesome.

The Marmit armor has the rivets on sides, the bicep armor even has the "thumb print" found on the original armors, and the E-11 blaster, though maybe not as sharp as Sideshow's, has its own accurate parts like an M-19 scope (Sideshow's has M-38/M-40 scope) and the cylinders. The old Marmit body is better than the floppy Sideshow version. The helmet is simply fantastic and there is NO comparison with the Sideshow version. Of course you need to assemble this Marmit kit yourself (I got mine in an unopened box) and thus you need minimal skills to do so.

Sideshow version has its own pros though: sturdier material for armor, better E-11 blaster, more accurate thermal detonator (with the metal clips), more accurate cloth belt, a better way to attach the shoulder bells, chest armor and and especially the drop boxes, leather holster, joints on the feet. But overall the Marmit is still way ahead the Sideshow Stormtrooper in so many ways.

Here are some pics of my TK:

MarmitStormtrooper03.jpg

MarmitStormtrooper04.jpg

MarmitStormtrooper06.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back