► Jkno's collection ◄

Re: My AT-AT Driver helmet (and collection)

Reminds me a little of what mine was before I started the big purge. God I hate real life! :cry

Reminds me I need to re-paint my AT-AT gray one of these dacades.

Thanks a lot vaderdarth, DarthWad3r, Thoth, DOGFOX2109, MClass, kurtyboy and Lando!
5e7jgh.gif

Being in Romania collecting these is quite hard even today. I grew up with Star Wars when my country was under the Soviet rule (70's and 80's). I watched SW (ANH) and ESB on cinema, but ROTJ had to watch on a friend's VHS player since Ceausescu (the Communist leader/president) didn't allow it to run on cinemas - maybe he was afraid and saw himself as the Emperor who got thrown out of his throne...

Before 1990 there were hard times in this part of the world, and Star Wars OT was like a light tower for people here, especially for children who watched it. Of course there were no SW toys to be found in this part of the Eastern Block, but even so I considered SW an inspiration, a way to make people forget about their every day problems.

Times are much better after 1990, but even today it is hard to be a collector here.

Why is hard to be a Romanian collector:

- very few people understand your hobby
- problems with paypal (they ask Eastern Europeans to open US Bank accounts or limit the amount of money one can send/receive through paypal)
- problems with ebay (because of paypal)
- huge shipping quotes because of international transport costs
- 24% VAT tax
- budgetary salaries lowered by 25% due to crisis, this measure affecting all teachers, doctors, police, etc.
- customs charges (they tax the shipping cost too, thus is a tax on a tax)
- problems with people thinking everyone from Eastern Europe is a thief (I encountered this more times than you may think)
- foreign stores that don't ship to Romania
- no sci-fi or comic conventions (we can't even think of a Star Wars convention yet)
- no SW toys or rarely a few SW toys in local stores
- 99% of the trades/buying are happening outside the country

And the list can go on and on...

Where have you bought the grey At-At? I asked DL and MC, but both sell only the white one Set.

You have a wonderful collection my friend, and that is a great way to display it! Very very nice!

Awesome collection! The display cases themselves, are just nice.

Thanks Fuzzual and AMP :)

Where have you bought the grey At-At? I asked DL and MC, but both sell only the white one Set.

I got this AT-AT Driver helmet from a cool member here :) The only one who makes gray AT-AT helmets IIRC is DarkAgent - see my second AT-AT lid in the pics above, but that helmet I traded not long ago for another piece.

An early birthday present from my girlfriend ACME Trooper by Brian Rood:

ACME Brian Rood Trooper 1.jpg

And waited some time to get the Star Wars DVD set including the Theatrical Versions - these were new and factory sealed:

DVD Star Wars Original Trilogy Theatrical.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Fuzzual and AMP :)

I got this AT-AT Driver helmet from a cool member here :) The only one who makes gray AT-AT helmets IIRC is DarkAgent - see my second AT-AT lid in the pics above, but that helmet I traded not long ago for another piece.

My AT-AT Driver helmet is also grey and its made from Dan Laws;)

Very nice! I need to redo my helmet or get a new one. The non-separate ears bother me. I've found some new hose that is about as close as I can get to looking like the real deal.

One day I'll try getting an AT-AT Driver helmet and armor from MonCal or Dan Laws. But will most likely go for white color, the gray helmet I have is enough. And I might display the armor and helmet on a bust - thus need to find a good bust, anyone know some good options please?

You know what I think you need to finish off your collection? A Stormtrooper helmet. :)

Your collection is what I hope to have mine look like one day. Most impressive, sir. Most impressive. Thanks for sharing!

You know what I think you need to finish off your collection? A Stormtrooper helmet. :)

Your collection is what I hope to have mine look like one day. Most impressive, sir. Most impressive. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Chr2win, greatly appreciated!
bow.gif
In fact if eFX will release the Hero Stormie Legend lid, I might get that too, unless they will repeat the shipping "fun" international customers had with greedy FedEx for Vader Legend ;)

Always love to see your collection my friend. It is always amazing to behold and I know you are quite proud of what you have been able to put together when faced with the adversary you have had to deal with.

Congrats as always.

Always love to see your collection my friend. It is always amazing to behold and I know you are quite proud of what you have been able to put together when faced with the adversary you have had to deal with.

Congrats as always.

Thank you so much Jimmy! :) Indeed I'm glad I managed to get this modest collection considering how hard it was to bring all these items in my country.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back