Metal Gear SnakeEater/PeaceWalker Big Boss. Starting on Spirit camo

Looks good, can't wait to see it done. I have half a month to finish my snake, damn time flies when the convention's coming up.

Yeah, I've determined that I need to do a little painting every night, and I SHOULD be able to finish with a little time to spare.

I've also committed to doing the MGS2 version of Ocelot this spring, but I'll start a new thread for that when I begin rounding stuff up.

Cool, I don't think I've seen anyone do ocelot. You've got to practice some fancy revolver tricks.
Yup. A friend of mine (We jokingly call her Mini-Me since she also cosplays Snake) wants to do young Ocelot, and I've been wanting to do the older Ocelot (but with an easier to acquire jacket) so we decided to do them together. The goal is to be able to pull off the tricks simultaneously. I think I might be mental.

Edit: Hope to have some pics of the camo in the next few days.

Last edited:
Finally made some progress on the camoflage. I need to fill in a little more, then hit the sleeves and pants.
20140826_000617.jpg20140826_003102.jpg

I'm kinda freaking out at the moment, as I have this, a set of Megaman armor, and a Claymore sword to finish in the next 16 days

Last edited:
Hello. I'm planning on doing an olive drab Naked Snake for my first cosplay in early January and had a few questions about a STABO I'm curious on purchasing?

Just wanted to chime in again and say that I got to use the harness for a full con. Once properly adjusted (at least I think it was proper), there wasn't any discomfort in the crotch despite having d-rings and hooks in such close proximity. I was one of only three Naked Snake / Big Boss to have the right harness and it made a noticeable difference!

One of the other three, when I commented on his harness I asked if he made it. he said no, he bought it. I asked original or from someone making reproductions, and he said reproduction. I asked "Was his name "The Ronin"?" and he looked surprised and said yes. What are the odds?!

I have a picture of the two of use side-by-side I need to send you. :D

Hey Ronin great stuff! Thank you for making this thread, I've used your thread as a reference to create my Naked Snake Cosplay! I have a question: what is that bag you use for your Butt Pack? Do you know what it's called or the brand?

Hey Ronin great stuff! Thank you for making this thread, I've used your thread as a reference to create my Naked Snake Cosplay! I have a question: what is that bag you use for your Butt Pack? Do you know what it's called or the brand?
Unfortunately I have no clue what brand it is. It was some no-name purse that I removed the shoulder strap and a stupid iron cross patch. Then I sewed on some belt loops.

Edit: I did find it at a military surplus store

Re: Metal Gear SnakeEater/PeaceWalker Big Boss harness builds

Heyy Ronin, would you mind sending me the links for where you got that? Originally was going to do Luke Skywalker this year, but I did Venom Snake last year and I want to do Big Boss from Snake Eater. That and I think the olive drab is all I'm missing but I might bite the bullet on that one. Or if you want a comission let me know, I've been stuck on the Stabo. Venom Snake last year :) Thanks!!!!!!
-Will

11219236_713897788715470_7230697659180619437_n.jpg

Re: Metal Gear SnakeEater/PeaceWalker Big Boss harness builds

Heyy Ronin, would you mind sending me the links for where you got that? Originally was going to do Luke Skywalker this year, but I did Venom Snake last year and I want to do Big Boss from Snake Eater. That and I think the olive drab is all I'm missing but I might bite the bullet on that one. Or if you want a comission let me know, I've been stuck on the Stabo. Venom Snake last year :) Thanks!!!!!!
-Will

View attachment 584920

If you're talking about the equipment packs I was harvesting for materials, unfortunately the supply seems to have dried up. I was getting them for about $25 shipped, but now I'm only finding them for $100+ :unsure

If you're looking to do a Snake Eater style STABO, then the game version is black, not OD green, so the equipment packs would only net you the hardware anyway. I've been sourcing my stuff lately from a parachute supply company www.paragear.come

If you'd like to commission one, I'd be happy to make it. Shoot me a PM here or on my page, since I see you discovered that as well

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back