Need help identifying kit parts on Star Trek Borg Queen Skull

Beagle Bill

Sr Member
Hello, everyone.

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I recently got a casting of the Borg Queen Skull and Spine from Star Trek: First Contact. I've been looking for one of these for years. Unfortunately, there are a lot of flaws in the casting. I'm hoping to replace some of the poorly cast sections with the actual kit parts that were used on the original. If anyone can help me out with which parts are from what kit, please let me know. Thanks to Wackychimp for hosting.

BQ1.jpg

BQ2.jpg

BQ3.jpg

BQ4.jpg

BQ5.jpg

BQ6.jpg

BQ7.jpg

BQ8.jpg

BQ9.jpg

BQ10.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

Boy I'm both jealous and sympathetic at the same time. That is a VERY cool and RARE item to have, but MAN is that going to take a @#$%.load of work....

At first glance, a number of the parts on the neck seem to be more automotive, carburetor or even electric motor type greeblies than parts bashed from model kits.

Thanks, slave1driver, I sent Alan an email. You're right, PHArchivist, this thing is going to be a nightmare to clean up. Still, I feel lucky to have found one. I've looked for ten years. Also, I think you're right on the auto hardware, Jedirick. The little cylinders on the sides of the vertebrae almost look like some kind of line fitting, it's knurled at the bottom, and looks like some kind of hose would plug in. If anybody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help so far. :)

Bill

Wow Bill, congratulations.. :eek :eek

You have these pics already, but I thought I'd post them here for reference for people to see if we can source any parts....

Queen1.jpg

QueenNeck2.jpg

I've always loved this piece of Star Trek history, can't wait to see your finished piece. :)

I agree, that's going to be one pain in the butt to work out. I dont remember the skull having a missing section, was that in the film? Haven't seen it for years since my old VCR shredded the video tape in the cassete, anyone seen it on DVD anywhere?

Sithlord, I can't (and haven't been able for quite a while) see ANY pics in your posts. Not even your avatar and your signature. Are you aware of this? Must be my computer.

Well, the part I highlighted looks like an engine block from a truck model, maybe a tractor trailer type judging by the scale size of it...
borgcast.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(kevoris @ Oct 2 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1330576[/snapback]</div>
I've looked for ten years.[/b]

Oh wow, do I suddenly feel very old. I was 12 when this came out...

Thanks, gunnerk19. I think that's a step in the right direction. I appreciate all the help you guys can give. :) And Frinky, if you you 12 when First Contact came out, you're NOT old.:lol In fact, I wish I was your age again. ;)

Bill

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back