DEUS EX - Augmented Arms

Very nice work, impressed with how this is turning out!

Also, would you mind going into a bit more detail of how you made the belt plates?

This looks fantastic. Amazing work on this, I love the way you've integrated multiple techniques and materials. Did you end up wearing it to the con? Let us know!

Lots of folks took pictures, but this is the only one I've found online. Costume wasn't brutal to wear but it was a bit tough, skin tight and bit heavy. The forearms are also uncomfortable at the moment around the wrist. I could have spent another 4 weeks on the arms alone...

DeusEx.jpg

Update... Found another:

wAuOY.jpg

On the rib fabric in the back:

I used 2 layers of fabric sewn together with rows or stiches. then you slide in some of this, 5/32 foam welting:

Piping-Cord-5-32

For the side of the tactical belt:

All I did was glue together chip board pieces. But instead of regular glue I used fiberglass resin. I ended up not using any fiberglass, the pieces stayed flexible this way and could wrap around my waist better.

To line the inside of the side plates I used 1/4" foamie wrapped in same shiny spandex I found. Then I hot glued that to back of the belt plates once I had all my buckles, loops, and rivets set.

-Z

Looks really fantastic! love the arms especially. One thing i'd recommend is getting long er gloves as the first pic you can see your skin on your wrist. Other than that...its brilliant :D

Looks really fantastic! love the arms especially. One thing i'd recommend is getting long er gloves as the first pic you can see your skin on your wrist. Other than that...its brilliant :D

Yeah the gloves I ordered, one size fits all,... Did not Fit! Had to where my wife's winter gloves instead :(

Also your Mass Effect Costume is Awesome!

lol, oh dear hehe. well there is always the possibility of using an evening gloves made for transvestites. Could always modify them to look like the cybernetic fingers he has.

and thankyou on the Liara costume :D

That looks great! Good job! I had been looking for Comic-Con pics for the last week to see if I could spot you. Good to finally see some pics. Are you going to continue refining the costume?

This past week I made molds for the glasses so I can crank them out now.
I also used 1/8" rare earth magnets to hold the lenses on. Works great. Can pop them in and out easily.

Using your templates Zook, I made a quick vest from the foam mats. It fits perfectly with the arms. Thanks again! What a time-saver!

Anyway, great job. I look forward to seeing your further progress.

YOU GUYS!
I'm the web person at Eidos Montreal and I'm working on some special cosplay features this month. My mind is blown by the craftiness I'm seeing here. BLOWN!
RSloan, Zookone, please please email me (community@eidosmontreal.com), I very much want to showcase your work to the DXHR community.

hahahah, wonderful! congrats you guys, it's great that folks from eidos are noticing this kind of awesome work!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back